Free Tax Help for Scubaboarder Members!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

10 more days until freedom for you! :eek:k:

Actually, I just found out the IRS extended the federal filing deadline to April 18 because April 15 is Emancipation Day in Washington DC.

Denise, I'm a dependent under my parents. I sold a couple hundred dollars of photography prints, how do I report this income?

You must pay self-employment tax and file Schedule SE (Form 1040) if the following applies.
  • Your net earnings from self-employment were $400 or more
Minimum income requirement for a single person is $9350, so a couple hundred dollars isn't necessary to report.

That includes the standard deduction of $5,700 and the personal exemption of $3,650. If your parents claim you, you do not get the $3,650. Also, every state has a different threshold for filing, and some are quite lower than the Federal.

Actually, I just found out the IRS extended the federal filing deadline to April 18 because April 15 is Emancipation Day in Washington DC.

Yes that is totally emancipating to give us another weekend to lock ourselves in our offices and work all weekend. :shakehead:

But most state tax filings are still due on the 15th, aren't they? That would mean federal still has to be done by then, wouldn't it?

Denise, since the Federal Government is going to shut down next week, and therefore by their own fault are not there to receive my taxes, that means we don't have to pay, right? :blinking: J/K

They announced today if you owe us send it in. If we owe you, we'll see. :D

But most state tax filings are still due on the 15th, aren't they? That would mean federal still has to be done by then, wouldn't it?

Alabama is following the Federal, April 18th. You would have to check your state to see if they are following the federal filing due date.

I'm in Florida. :) But I do work in Alabama. :(

Tax Day will be officially over in less than 2.5 hours in Alabama!

So, Denise, can we expect to see you at JB this weekend??

This weekend is Easter. I'm not sure who all of my family is going to get to come home yet but I definitely plan to be at JB the next week. It will be Springfest!! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom