Fresh Water in Malapascua?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all, read somewhere that there is no desal plant on the island. Is this true? im asking this more in relation to rinsing camera gear etc

Most of the resorts and shops have a well. No desalination so at times like the dry season the water is a bit more brackish (you will kind of notice a sulfur smell when taking a shower) which can vary depending on where the well is located. Not sure if dive shops have any other water for camera gear. You could always buy bottled water. I would recommend using a collapsible bag that would keep the volume of water used to a minumum.

There are a number of wells on the island which are almost fully fresh water - we bring in special "fresh" water from one of these for our cameras, and use the brackish for everything else.

Hi Gee,

I've just scoured all inboxes and can't find anything from you...which email address did you use?

Sorry for any delay...

Matt.

I stayed at Malapascua Exotic resort and there are no fresh water hotels on the island. And when then mean by brackish its basically salt water dude.

There are a number of wells on the island which are almost fully fresh water - we bring in special "fresh" water from one of these for our cameras, and use the brackish for everything else.

honestly I have never felt "salty" after taking a shower on the island. It has never been a discomfort to me nor a problem for my equipment. Of course I've never tasted the local tap water nor have i tested the mineral content. I have seen it mentioned in other threads but from my personal experience it is a non issue.

Back
Top Bottom