frog kick

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

newbie-in-fl once bubbled...
ok, a dumb question here....what fins are good
for frog kicks. I have some of the literature
but I want some real word opinions.
ScubaPro Jet Fins work great...That's what I use.

The frog kick/modified frog kick works great and is really efficient. Learn to do a backwards kick and amaze your dive buddies...:)

Scubapro Jetfins, XL. They rock. And the frog kick is just generally in the category of good things to do. I like jetfins so much I made a tiny little jetfin charm, too, so if you get a pair, then you can get a necklace to match.

Hee hee

Margaret

DIR Tec Diver once bubbled...
That's a funny goof you caught in that link...

Short and sweet answer about the frog kick is it is far superior for propulsion, thrust and efficiency, as well as the already mentioned benefit of avoiding silt outs. With a good frog kick you can smoke other divers, use less air and have a higher degree of trim
Come off it guys. The frog kick is great, and I use it all the time. But it just simply ain't as good as a flutter for covering distance in a hurry.
Rick

The best fins I've ever used for the frog kick are.... Frogs (Cressi)!
And yes, I own and use Scubapro Jet fins too.
Rick

getting back to the original question....any solid, mostly non-flexible hard fin will work. The thicker and more inflexible, the better.

Split fins obviously don't fit this bill, they can be used (I beleive), but I don't see them being hlaf as effective as a paddle fin...

as for speed....anyone without a motor <looking in Pug's direction> knows speed is for adrenaline pumping freaks who like to cover 200yards of a reef in 3 minutes flat.....speed just ain't necesssary for any significant distance IMHO.

It is soon that those adernaline junkies bail out and get a motor....:wink:...or those people are just lazy, one of the two.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom