From Yorkie puds to Toad in the hole

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cancun mark:
Im not sure whether this type of thread makes me hungry, want to puke, play conkers or miss my mother...

Its very confusing..

ditto...

having flashbacks of being teased for being American, but starving/drooling...

Bob3:
Hey, doesn't that recipe need some baking powder, or perhaps the use of a self-rising flour such as Bisquick?
Although not mentioned here, most recipes call for "all-purpose" flour, which is not self-raising. The batter doesnt rise a great deal, you just about cover the sausages with it and it at most doubles in height and leaves the sausages in little troughs.

Another thing is to use the same batter for yorks puds and add jam instead of syrup to them - very nice too.

Bob3:
Hey, doesn't that recipe need some baking powder, or perhaps the use of a self-rising flour such as Bisquick?

No because when you whisk the mixture the air is put in, and the egg also makes it rise, i find that by adding 1 extra egg white gives it a bit more lift

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom