Front zip wet suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marydiver:
I have a front zipper wet suit. the openeng goes from neck down front to bottom of left short leg. the whole thing falls open and is quit easy to get out of....the best bonus of a front zipper is if I get hot underwater I can easily open the front and let some cooling water in.....Great for Hot Flashing women!!~!

Not to sound like a lech, but it's also great for that glamourous scuba-model, unzipped-to-the-navel look. :wink:

cheers

Billy S.

didn't have to go to the neighbors trying to get my 3mil front zip off. just hooked the shoulder on the storm door handle and stood up. good thing it was about 2 am (don't ask) and no one was out. gave that 3 mil neoprene to my son and got a polar tech jump suit equivalent to 3 mil. front zip but much more flex and stretch and very easy to get out of.now looking for 5 mil to fill in when the polar is not enough but still too warm for the dry suit. guarantee it'll be back zip! don't have the right kind of handle on my storm door in apartment I have now.

Walter, have they changed the way they make the front zips? Honestly, I've never found one that's very easy to get out of, but I've not tried very many either. I didn't know if there was an older style that was easier or not.

Firefyter:
... I've heard tales of guys having to go to the neighbor's house just to get help...LOL...

guilty :wink:

First time I tried my new 3mil front zip wetsuit on (from triple-l) I realized only too late that I was stuck in it ... so I walked over to the neighbors house for help ... fortunately they know I'm just a wee bit crazy to begin with :wink:

I did finally suceed in getting mine off by myself twice, but it took a LOT of work and a bit of time.

Next time I'll get a back zip and tuck a hood into the pocket just in case I end up needing it...

Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom