FRUSTRATED with CSSP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I had arranged to meet my instructor Sunday evening at CSSP for a night dive to finish up my AOW...... my instructor and his wafe whom dives arrived at 6pm to the park to finalize the deal with Charles,,,,,well he was told no night dive,,,the park was closing at 8pm! My instructor explained the situation and told Charles we had everything and just needed the water----he even offered to pay his $20 fee which is waived for instr. with students---still NO. Come back and do it next Fri. or Sat.. Heck the guy lives on property....we needed nothing from them,,,,they could have made $60 and gone in a watched TV!!! Very poor customer service for sure!!! DANG

If their insurance says "no night dives" then that's why the park closes at 8pm.

I seriously doubt that any owner of a business actually WANTS to turn away business, but when that $60 could risk the entire operation, it's not worth it.

Sorry it was inconvienent for you, but calm down. It's not that big of a deal when you consider both sides of the situation.

I've found the folks at CSSP to be very customer friendly. If you would have called ahead it might have worked out better for you. Your instructor should have a better knowledge of the hours of operations. I'm sure that the staff is pretty much ready to close up after a long weekend. I would lay blame at the instructors feet for the mix up.

Well, the CSSP website does say "Saturday and Sunday 8:00am to 8:00pm". But folks do night dives on Friday and Saturday night all the time. But they do close at 8pm on Sunday, and are closed on Mondays.

A couple of questions though, Who is Charles? Do you mean Robert, the owner?
And just where does he live on-site at? I'm out at CSSP alot, and I've never seen a house anywhere on the property.

I have to agree with the others, CSSP is not at fault.

Yep my fault on the name.... not Charles but Robert. It was my understanding that he had called ahead during the day. Well you guys have made some valid points,,thanks for reading.

You could have gone to Tyler State Park and dove for $3/person. It's just down the road from Terrell.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom