Ft Myers Diving on Sunday.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I guess this is last call. You all have until 7 am to show if you change your minds lol... Boat is ready to go, Will be providing a dive report as soon as we get in maybe some pictures as well.

if anyone wants to go and you don't get a response from me on the board you can reach me on my cell 239-292-3611. Again you all have a safe weekend and Awsome dives

Brian - I can't thank you enough for the time you put into your boat to make it easier to dive on. Today, other than a little Xavier gettin sea sick, was great! The sailboat wreck we dove on was fascininating to see, much less shoot another fish on once those jew fish showed up. It made me a little paranoid to shoot another fish, much less what it did for the fish who were out down there and disapeared into the wreck... I'm happy with a 21" red snaper though :)

Vis was less than desirable and the thermocline went the wrong way, bottom temp was fantastic. That has to be the most LIVE area of sea life I've seen!

Ok here is the dive report for today.
Water temp at the surface was about 78 around 40' the water temp went up knda a anticlimb as colin put it. Fish Galore if you liked Amber Jacks there were about two layers of them at different depths. Tons of bait fish hopefully if the pictures come out I will post those as well.
Vis was ok around 15' or maybe alittle more but from the bottom aroun 58' you could see the surface or see the glow from the sun. thr trip out was abit choppy 1-2' sease but nothing bad. I can Honestly say now that when I hear people say they saw a jew fish or a really big grouper, I can say I saw one that wouldn't fit in my boat. As tempting as it was to try and catch him I didn't but you can ask Cbulla what my exact words were at around 40'+ when I saw one of em...

Well wish more of you could have gone as fish were abundant, and the wreck or reef was in good shape. lots of sea life around.

Well hope this suits is all I can think of, Colin if ya wanna add, well ya know.

Thats a good point, Bri.. that had to be the neatest decent I've had. Blue Runner's (member of the jack family) swarming around... it was like going down through a blender of fish, then the bait fish, thousands of them blew a hole open around us, then more Blue Runnders's then the structure.. all with about a 3' column for us to go through slowly as we went down. The structure was neat because we weren't sure what peice we dropped in on, there were 4 sets of coordinates all marked tower, but some around the tower had culvert, and one had boat as well. We hit the boat and culvert, that happened to be partially collapsed, and it provided a variety of relief upwards of 20' into the water column in 60' of depth. There was a wide variety of snapper (lane, red, and vermillions) grouper (gags and blacks), some pork fish, a few resident barracuda, smaller reef fish on the sailboat reef itself, a few sheepies, and a few spades to break up the scenery.

Good times overall.. I can't wait to drop in on another site!!

Colin also now that I know that those jew fish are there I don't think I will be dropping the mini cam down first to see which site we are on LOL don't want them thinking its a snack....

And usually, they're not too timid.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom