Ft. Pickens Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tide will be incoming from low, but as long as the surf is mild, we'll be fine.

Sounds good to me, are you leaning toward Friday or Saturday?

XRAY:

PM sent on my contact details.

I personally prefer Friday, as it gives me more weekend time with the wife, but I'm one of what will now be 4 divers, so I'm prepared to be flexible. I should know this evening what I have going on with the other two divers. Once I get an update from them, we'll try to get a day/time that works for all of us. We usually like to do one daylight dive, and one night dive, but nothing's written in stone.

-h

Sounds good. Give me an update when available.

Here is the local tide info for Navarre Beach for Saturday:

2008-07-26 3:11 PM CDT 0.04 feet Low Tide
2008-07-26 7:45 PM CDT Sunset

This is looking to have the makings of a full blown party. It appears we may have close to 8 divers now. I think we should start making plans for a cookout during our surface interval.

Lol :d

Please don't expect wonderful conditions. Navarre Pier can be a great dive, but shore dives on the coast have pretty much $u(<3d for the last few weeks. I'm hoping it will be 300ft viz with gold coins washing up in the spans, but please don't hate me if you find 5ft viz and vampiric acid-spitting jellyfish with bad attitudes and nothing to lose :wink:

I agree. I am going to try to get to Navarre piwer to look it over tonight to see if the Algae is gone. It had been real bad for the past 2 weeks but the webcam looks a lot better the past few days. I'll try to update afterwards.

Looks like Paulwell may be joining now so we may be up to 9.

Should we tell the rest of the world the plans on the thread here?

Navarre Pier
Saturday, 7/26/2008, 5:00pm
Meet in parking lot near shower on the East side of the beach entrance.

Plan is to do one afternoon dive, and one night dive, but no "dive police" will be present, so do what works for you and your group. Bring a dive light (two is really best) if you intend to dive after dark.

Anyone who wants to bring 20 pounds of shrimp and/or crawfish, and cook them on the beach will be loved by everyone else. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom