Ft. Pickens Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

when i got cert. there were alot of jellyfish in the water and it wasn't that bad was only getting stung by every 3rd one til our instructor started cutting them up with his knife then it was like swimming through a curtain all in all it was funny to see his expression when he saw me pushing it back toward him because he wasn't seeing it go into tiny pieces

Lol :d

please don't hate me if you find 5ft viz and vampiric acid-spitting jellyfish with bad attitudes and nothing to lose :wink:

Sounds like your kind of dive.:wink:

(I'm sorry...I just can't help myself sometimes, and nobody else will):D

when i got cert. there were alot of jellyfish in the water and it wasn't that bad was only getting stung by every 3rd one til our instructor started cutting them up with his knife then it was like swimming through a curtain all in all it was funny to see his expression when he saw me pushing it back toward him because he wasn't seeing it go into tiny pieces

While I support anyone who wants to kill jellyfish, I must say that cutting them up only results in more stings-per-gallon. I have found that a handful of sand on their bells will usually drop them to the bottom. Another handful or two will keep them down... forever... Mu-Ha-Ha-Ha-Haaaaaaa!

Seriously though, it works.

:ghost::m16:

Sounds like your kind of dive.:wink:

(I'm sorry...I just can't help myself sometimes, and nobody else will):D

:D

Everything except the jellyfish. I'm still scarred-up from a hit I took last Saturday in Destin. Felt like someone tried to put a cigar out on my face, and that was just a free tenticle. (no tenticle jokes please) I'd hate to meet the !@#$%er it was attached to.

OK all, It sounds like a plan. I went to the beach about a 1/2 hour ago, and except for some surf, the water was back to being perfectly clear, In fact it looked so exceptional I'm thinking about heading for a dive now, if the surf calms down a bit. One other note, the Jellies are thick right now. The Purple flag (Mairne Critter Warning) is flying high! Make sure you bring exposure protection, including a hood of some sort to protect your face!

I look forward to seeing everyone at 5 PM Saturday for 2 dives at Navarre Beach Pier. As stated above Park at the Eastern most shower.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom