Ft. Pickens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dang!! :( I haven't dived Ft Pickens since IVAN made it a boat dive and I won't get to the area until the 19th. Hope you all have fun and stay warm.

Maybe I can join you for another panhandle adventure a couple weeks later when the balmy spring weather will have enveloped the area like a warm womb and turned the bay into bathwater.

:confused: By the way is there any work going on to restore the road to Ft Pickens?

They are still draging their feet on the road...it doesn't look like they have any plans to ever fix it.

wjefferis:
They are still draging their feet on the road...it doesn't look like they have any plans to ever fix it.

Super bummer. Hope they have a change of heart. That is a great place and the RV park there is really nice. I understand that it was barely damaged by the storm but the fort area was pretty badly devastated and the road totally wiped out.

They have talked about different road surfaces and even having a ferry out there, but so far it has only been alot of talk.

Have fun and say "Hi" to all those sheepshead at the jettys. I will come down on the 19th when it has warmed up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom