fuel saving Pods

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, thanks, Tracy. Please record the wake pattern behind your boat. Here is a sample a friend did today before I pod his small boat. Tried to put up a video and could not. So will try another way.
Will do. I'm not sure where exactly they would mount on the charter boat. It doesn't have trim tabs as it has outboard mounted outboards. Possibly along the rear of the hull or in the center under the elevator.

Hi Bob I would be happy to try the pods on Fins.
She is a 28' Carver Mariner with a single 260 hp 5.7 liter mercruiser

I don't really have a way to accurately measure fuel consumption.
I can measure speed and top rpm before and after, as well as videos of wake.

We have a short boating season here and the boat will be pulled in a few weeks.

I could take some "before" measurements now and install the pods when I put the boat in storage. I would then be ready for the spring launch if that works for you.

Thanks David

1694803885114.png

1694803578202.png

1694803511633.png

Will do. I'm not sure where exactly they would mount on the charter boat. It doesn't have trim tabs as it has outboard mounted outboards. Possibly along the rear of the hull or in the center under the elevator.
Tracy here is the placement for hull. Thanks. Bob Evans
IMG_6646.JPG

Hi Bob I would be happy to try the pods on Fins.
She is a 28' Carver Mariner with a single 260 hp 5.7 liter mercruiser

I don't really have a way to accurately measure fuel consumption.
I can measure speed and top rpm before and after, as well as videos of wake.

We have a short boating season here and the boat will be pulled in a few weeks.

I could take some "before" measurements now and install the pods when I put the boat in storage. I would then be ready for the spring launch if that works for you.

Thanks David

View attachment 802602

View attachment 802601

View attachment 802600
David, you are on. Thanks for the images and please send me a mailing address at bobevans@aerohance.com. Kind of shooting from the hip right now, but with all your support we can get the data. Love the Name of your boat. Kind of fitting since the concept of these pods can be from the Force Fins. Please give me a measurement from the sides to the outboard motor area. This way I will send enough pods for you. This is going to be fun. Again, Thank you Bob My images with and with pods.
DSC_0740.JPG
DSC_0747.JPG

Our first upload of a livingston hull. Will Marine Pod today and next week our friend will rerun. Will also post Podding pictures of placement. Thanks Lion-fish for address.

Well,
IMG_7581-fw.jpg
IMG_7591-fw.jpg
IMG_7601-fw.jpg
IMG_7594-fw.jpg
the smallest Marine Pod project. Glad Susanne put up a Force Fin Banner for all to see coming into Ballard Locks, Seattle.

Our Father caught me with my Box Kite and wrote on the side CHAOS. Fathers always have an idea about their children. In this case, I love CHAOS, and my Dad knew it. Weaving water or air is a new adventure for our work to reduce drag. I sure appreciate sharing and working with other Scuba Board members. Let's stir
drawings-818.jpg
patent-basis010.jpg
up the CHAOS.

You should send these guys some, they definitely think outside the box,
Bobtailing with it, and measure watts,
its so easy to see the difference.

Although there loads are not even close to aerodynamic.

They kinda stole my idea.
Diesel electric

You should send these guys some, they definitely think outside the box,
Bobtailing with it, and measure watts,
its so easy to see the difference.

Although there loads are not even close to aerodynamic.

They kinda stole my idea.
Diesel electric
Thanks for the idea. I was thinking along those same lines. An electric trolling motor and pull a small hull for testing power needs and using a strain gauge connected to a computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom