Future Monterey diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey I live very near Monterey and love to dive there when you get here look me up I always look for a reason to dive don

Well, for now I am just able to put Monterey, Los Angeles and San Francisco and some other towns on a map (please don't laugh :D ) so I won't discuss the limits between NorCal and SoCal :D but I will try to move along the coasts of California. For what I have read, Monterey seems to be a very interesting place for scubadiving. For me all above or under water is new (last time I went in the Pacific, it was French Polynesia, not the same climate) so it will be great pleasure to discover this part of the world ! :)

Scubacastor:
Well, for now I am just able to put Monterey, Los Angeles and San Francisco and some other towns on a map (please don't laugh :D ) so I won't discuss the limits between NorCal and SoCal :D but I will try to move along the coasts of California. For what I have read, Monterey seems to be a very interesting place for scubadiving. For me all above or under water is new (last time I went in the Pacific, it was French Polynesia, not the same climate) so it will be great pleasure to discover this part of the world ! :)
All of California is a great place to dive! Monterey is a spectacular place. You'll love it! Even if it is a little colder than you are used to. :11:

Christian

I believe Mediterranean sea in winter is comparable to the mean water temperature in Monterey but we rarely have something under 10°C even in the coldest days. Anyway, I will try a moment with my current 7mm semidry suit. I am not very excited by the idea of buying a drysuit but if I find the water cold, as the question of not to dive is irrelevant, I already know what I will do... :D

Scubacastor:
I believe Mediterranean sea in winter is comparable to the mean water temperature in Monterey but we rarely have something under 10°C even in the coldest days. Anyway, I will try a moment with my current 7mm semidry suit. I am not very excited by the idea of buying a drysuit but if I find the water cold, as the question of not to dive is irrelevant, I already know what I will do... :D
The 7mm semidry will probably be fine if you are comfortable in it down to 10°C. I don't think you'll usually find it colder than about 7°C at depth although it does happen. :11:

Christian

I didn't have the chance to try it under 11°C: just one night in february (when the water are coldest), the special zipper opened during the dive... I realized something was going wrong but I didn't stop the dive (lots of fishes and squids this night). When I surfaced I discovered the zipper was completely opened :11:

I don't really know how long your dive are. I do many night dives (mostly from shore) all over the year and we stay about 1h during the winter nights and 2h in shallower waters during summer months.

Anyway, all of these look promising. I am confident I will enjoy the dives in Monterey :07:

Back
Top Bottom