G250? Worth servicing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hmmmmm....

Posts around 39-51 become possibly relevant......

You have a few seconds, I'd swap parts (possibly levers) to experiment....

The modern s-wing and taller orifice solved my issue.

YMMV

Cheers Bob. Yes, I tried the original G250 fixed seat poppet, it fitted fine with either orifice. Regardless, I'm guessing even if poppet is different or orifice is taller even though tuning can't be done as per manual, it can still be achieved albeit with slightly different settings, i.e they can still be tuned to work?

I could not get the "short" original orifice to work with the s-wing poppet... you might have a "bad" poppet..

Another "issue" I had was the balance chamber, which at times, despite proper lube, was sticking on the poppet stem. I may have gone back to the original, or another one. Is it free moving on the stem? The test is to put the poppet, seat down on a smooth surface, put the balance chamber on it, and lightly push it down. When you release it, it should come back up on it's own......

It's hard diagnosing over the internet..

Cheers Bob, I'll look into that. Yes, it's hard over the net...but without it I'd be totally lost. The advice and pointers are super helpful. Could too much lube be an issue?

Probably not related to your problem, but I have found it easier to tune G250's with a genuine Scubapro seat installed. The aftermarket Trident seats are slightly thicker and change the geometry slightly.
Are you using the original lever?

IMG_2663.JPG
IMG_2664.JPG

I've got 2 or 3 G250 fitted with the Trident seat and they work fine.

I do have 1 rogue G250, my main reg., that only works with the older straight leg lever, and not at all with the newer S-shaped lever. Worth trying if you have one on hand; maybe the ones from the 109's might work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom