G250? Worth servicing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL - I've stashed away nearly a dozen of them, all in excellent condition.....

Wanna be my new best friend? Now you know how silly prices are here you have a good idea what' I'd be prepared to pay. If you ever feel like letting one go to good home please let me know.

Darn stuff is expensive there..... Did you follow up with Couv as to what he might have?

I've been watching EBay too and those prices seem rather high as well. Where exactly do you guys pick up these cheap excellent condition 109s? I only need one more to match with my "Couv Special"...

EB*y is hit or miss..... lately there has been too much interest, and the prices have climbed. glad I have my stash..

'warmwaterjack' and 'diving4treasures' are the 2 biggest E-bay sellers I've bought 109/156 or MK5's from, both offer units for sale on an ongoing basis. 'diving4treasures' still had 2 or 3 up for sale as last I looked, ranging between $ 150 - $300 (or best offer), which is still a lot cheaper than Japanese prices. As 'rhwestfall' noted, prices do seem to have climbed a bit, so I'm glad I've already got my stash as well. :) When I was shopping, nice condition units 109/156's were in the $ 75 - $ 125 range.....so these days 'cheap' nice condition units are an urban legend....although 'beater' units can certainly be had for much less $. 'Couv' is a great guy and can likely cover your needs without even having to do E-Bay though.

I've even managed to acquire a number of literally new-in-box late generation BA 156's from a dive shop in Germany.

With respect to my 'stash'......well, all I can say is you DEFINITELY will want to attend my estate sale when I pass away! :)

'warmwaterjack' and 'diving4treasures' are the 2 biggest E-bay sellers I've bought 109/156 or MK5's from, both offer units for sale on an ongoing basis. 'diving4treasures' still had 2 or 3 up for sale as last I looked, ranging between $ 150 - $300 (or best offer), which is still a lot cheaper than Japanese prices. As 'rhwestfall' noted, prices do seem to have climbed a bit, so I'm glad I've already got my stash as well. :) When I was shopping, nice condition units 109/156's were in the $ 75 - $ 125 range.....so these days 'cheap' nice condition units are an urban legend....although 'beater' units can certainly be had for much less $. 'Couv' is a great guy and can likely cover your needs without even having to do E-Bay though.

I've even managed to acquire a number of literally new-in-box late generation BA 156's from a dive shop in Germany.

With respect to my 'stash'......well, all I can say is you DEFINITELY will want to attend my estate sale when I pass away! :)

Send me your address, I'll be round in the morning.

Thanks Bob, it has a 109 attached to it, looks to be in reasonable condition. It's local to me and is around $120. Might get it. As much as I like DS4s my OCD is struggling with the brand mismatch and age discrepancy. I have an hour to decide.

A late model MK5 and a 109 in excellent condition is worth $120 IMO, especially considering it's local to you and prices over there are high.

He's been trying to sell it for few weeks now with zero interest. It's hard to tell the exact condition of the second stage as the photo is a little blurry and chrome tends not to photograph so well unless it's brand new. I let it pass hoping he'd drop the price on the re list, he didn't. I'll give it another week and if he still doesn't drop the price, I'll drop the hammer and hope the 2nd stage is in at least reasonsble condition, I guess I can always get it re chromed.

Back
Top Bottom