Galileo Luna Help!!! Needed.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crock

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a Galileo Luna and I cant get it linked with my computer to download my dives. Do I need Infrared on my computer or will it work with Bluetooth? and does it work on Mac or should I use my HP?

P.S. can you go over step by step on how to link it to make sure I am doing it right?

Thank you in advanced

First the easy question - there is no Bluetooth, you must use IR.

It is technically possible to use the Mac, but the Mac dive log software is (J-TRAK) nowhere near as nice as the SmartTRAK for Windows. The data files are not compatible between the Mac and Windows versions (at least as of a year or so ago). You have to pick one platform and stick with it. My recommendation is to stick with the HP.

You will need an IR port. Most new PCs do not have one these days, so you probably need to buy one. Google "IRDA USB adapter" and you will get a bunch of choices. Your ScubaPro dealer can also sell you one - it's slightly more expensive than what you can find on your own, but the SP adapter is almost guaranteed to work.

thank you so much for your help. I will take your advice and get IRDA USB adapter for my hp. I have been doing some nice deep dives and cant wait to see all the charts. Thank you once again.

Back
Top Bottom