Galileo Sol - Bulk or Bite?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverbob,

SOL is the sun.
TERRA is the earth
soon the Uwatec universe is completed.

Niclas

With regard to the excess strap on small wrists, there is a slot above the strap on the back, top of the display which allows you to tuck the excess away.

It has worked well for me, but I probably don't have an overly small wrist.

How is getting it on and off on say a dry suit? Is it a hassle to put on and off? How about adjusting for compression?

I had read somewhere in a forum someone complaining that once you turn on your air, if there is no change in air pressure within a few minutes, the transmitter turns off, is this true or did they change it?

I am seriously considering buying one in a few days.

Hi Clammy,

This is the basic principle for all transmitters. No transmitter on the market today has an on/off button. Instead what you do is that you sample the pressure at a slow speed, not to drain battery. When you detect a change in pressure you start to sample fast and turn on the transmitter. If there is no change in pressure for some time then you turn off the transmitter and go back to slow sampling. I never heard about anybody complaining. The good thing is that it's all automatic.

The Uwatec pressure measurement is very good. Actually, you can count every breath the diver takes thanks to the high resolution analog to digital converter. Uwatec needs a sensitive measurement for to the diving model and workload estimation. Other manufacturers uses 8 bits with a few tricks, that's cheap and simple.

Niclas

But what's the time limit on the sol before it turns off?

Thanks for the info! BTW, is it just me, or is it awesome that the OP of this thread snagged the name Capt Morgan!

Trixxie I will pick up my Sol tomorrow. One point my LDS showed me is to take a retracter. take the band off the Sol. the retractor pin should fit right in. So now it is fastened to your BCD. I hope that this makes sense. T

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom