Garganta del Diablo -Devil's Throat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got back yesturday from Coz. We dove Devil's Throat and it was quite a bit different from the last time. As others have said, it's more open, more ins and outs, less closed in and dark. It's different but still a beautiful dive!

As much as I enjoyed that dive I had to laugh at myself because I would never do that kind of dive at home. There is no way you could get me to go to 130fsw on a single AL80.... Let alone do a swim through. It is a great dive, though

ggunn:
We went in under a coral formation and over some sand that looked like the back of a huge tongue. Then we went down for a ways at a pretty steep angle. Then we turned right and came straight up for a bit and then a left turn at the top past a white cross shaped sponge on the wall that I hear is no longer there...

Does anyone ever swim the reverse of the dive ggunn described? Enter through the normal exit at 120 feet, swim through the coral formation and exit at 80 or 90 feet or whatever it is? Or is that a dumb idea?

I think I will add this dive to the list of dive requests I make of Christi on each trip.

Here are the requests I send to Christi. A submarine entry; a sky dive entry; a free ascent from 200 feet and now a dive on Devil's Throat backwards at night during a rogue's moon.

To be fair and balanced I must say that although Christi has always given my wife and me tremendous service and will always be our dive op on Cozumel, she has never come through on any of my specialized dive requests.

Christi never tells me if she can arrrange these dives or not. All she does is tell my wife to make sure I abstain from the cannabis for at least 72 hours before arriving on the island. Then she meets us at the airport and shines a flashlihgt into my eyes??

I suspect it is the current high cost of submarine and airplane fuel that has her hung up. So, if anyone else would like to try these specialized dives please tell Christi so she knows she has sufficient economies of scale to place the appropriate bribes with the Mexican military and make any other arrangements she deems necessary.

Texas Diver:
Does anyone ever swim the reverse of the dive ggunn described? Enter through the normal exit at 120 feet, swim through the coral formation and exit at 80 or 90 feet or whatever it is? Or is that a dumb idea?

I think I will add this dive to the list of dive requests I make of Christi on each trip.

Here are the requests I send to Christi. A submarine entry; a sky dive entry; a free ascent from 200 feet and now a dive on Devil's Throat backwards at night during a rogue's moon.

To be fair and balanced I must say that although Christi has always given my wife and me tremendous service and will always be our dive op on Cozumel, she has never come through on any of my specialized dive requests.

Christi never tells me if she can arrrange these dives or not. All she does is tell my wife to make sure I abstain from the cannabis for at least 72 hours before arriving on the island. Then she meets us at the airport and shines a flashlihgt into my eyes??

I suspect it is the current high cost of submarine and airplane fuel that has her hung up. So, if anyone else would like to try these specialized dives please tell Christi so she knows she has sufficient economies of scale to place the appropriate bribes with the Mexican military and make any other arrangements she deems necessary.

Well, I AM adding a high dive platform on Bandida just for you...how high do you want it? :wink:

You CRACK me up! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom