gauge with big digits + seconds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Missdirected:
This one has a face the size of my Gekko, which is very legible. lil sis can read it and she has really bad eyesight. The height is much, much less on the Oceanic. Oh and it has a light as well. :)

http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/p_computers_geo_details.html

Thanks, I'll see if I can find one in stock somewhere and check in out. Do you know their approx price?

rjack321:
I don't care about the technical deco algorithm biz - since it has a gauge mode. But the small watchlike thing point is excellent (duh!).

Does the Vytec keep time in all those warm water places I wish I was right now?

Now now, you know you should be a safe and sensible diver and do whatever your computer tells you. shame on you!

rjack321:
Thanks, I'll see if I can find one in stock somewhere and check in out. Do you know their approx price?

$319 :) :) Seems they mean business with this product. My lds (Divers Supply) has them in stock. Also, I found this in the link I posted earlier:

Advanced Wristwatch Functions
The GEO is an advanced digital wristwatch featuring a 1/100 second chronograph (stopwatch) with lap timer, 24 hour countdown timer, daily alarm, alternate time zone with date, 12/24 hour clock, and OceanGlo® Backlight. So if Akumal is really important to know, well then... :wink:

*Also Oversized Digits
Take the Oceanic challenge: When shopping for a new dive computer, compare the displays. When it comes to viewing critical information, which would you rather see at 100 feet?

Missdirected:
*Also Oversized Digits
Take the Oceanic challenge: When shopping for a new dive computer, compare the displays. When it comes to viewing critical information, which would you rather see at 100 feet?
Yep. I can read my atom (not used any more) on the surface just fine. But in low light at depth it's a PITA. My tec is much better... but the atom was cool :)

Chris

The price will put it out of your cost bracket, but I just had a sneak preview of the new Uwatec Galileo Sol, and it has three different screen display settings – Classic, which shows all the important bits and let's you scroll through the others, All, which does what it says on the tin, and Light, which just puts the four main displays – current depth, NDL, dive time and tank pressure – up in absolutely huge digits, far bigger than anything else on the market.

It also can run four transmitters – three for you with mixes from 21-100%, and one for on your buddy's first stage, so you can see if they are lying when they tell you they've still got 100bar!

The Galileo Sol is the new top-of-the-range for Uwatec, but it isn't just a new computer, it represents a whole new platform from which the next generation of Uwatecs will be built, so expect a middle-price and a cheap option in the next year or so. The Aladin Prime and Tec2G will continue, but the SMART series is being phased out over the next year or so in favour of the Galileo range. The SMART Pro has already gone - it was discontinued in December 2006.

Mark

MarkUK:
The price will put it out of your cost bracket, but I just had a sneak preview of the new Uwatec Galileo Sol, and it has three different screen display settings – Classic, which shows all the important bits and let's you scroll through the others, All, which does what it says on the tin, and Light, which just puts the four main displays – current depth, NDL, dive time and tank pressure – up in absolutely huge digits, far bigger than anything else on the market.

It also can run four transmitters – three for you with mixes from 21-100%, and one for on your buddy's first stage, so you can see if they are lying when they tell you they've still got 100bar!

The Galileo Sol is the new top-of-the-range for Uwatec, but it isn't just a new computer, it represents a whole new platform from which the next generation of Uwatecs will be built, so expect a middle-price and a cheap option in the next year or so. The Aladin Prime and Tec2G will continue, but the SMART series is being phased out over the next year or so in favour of the Galileo range. The SMART Pro has already gone - it was discontinued in December 2006.

Mark
Yes, but will it do Instant Messaging?

Somehow this isn't a device I can envision the DIR diver purchasing anytime soon ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

You could always just use it as a very expensive bottom timer with massive digits on the display... And it is depth-rated to 330m...

But no, you are probably right!!!!!!

Mark

does in have an integrated ipod?

rjack321:
does in have an integrated ipod?

yes, but it randomly plays tunes on your buddies iPod when the wireless transmitter gets confused about who is who :)

and you have to download firmware patched every tuesday to prevent viruses from infecting it.

EDIT: I can just imagine descending to 100 feet and the display comes up "0wn3d 5ucker" :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom