Gear Jam (warning- Dork Diver thread)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CheddarChick:
No TG, they (fins) should be named Dive Toe protection devices, they do keep the flags flying and scuff free....

Speaking of which (shees- nail polish again- I'm seriously concerned that we really may only care about nail polish and make up!), mine are still holding up fine! I thought I'd have to redo them for my Tobermory trip but they still look great!

Reggae Joe:
Maybe masks should be FOES--Focusing Optical Enhancement Systems?

RJ-

You need to consult with EckyBay. Any self respecting engineer knows that device descriptions need to be multi-word, polysyllabic and obscure to the point of frustration for the unannointed techno-retards. Now FOES is a start, but suggests a certain noob engineering aura. "Underwater", or better yet, "Submersible", should somehow be worked into the nomenclature. "Optical Enhnacement" is actually quite good for a non-engineering type, though. I think you may show potential at this job. It always adds a lot of sex appeal if you can somehow refer to this as "Multi-Functional". Generals love the idea of more bang for the buck. Since mask is used in certain pressure equalization evolutions, we need to work that into the device description.

After you consult with EckyBay, resubmitt your proposal, with cost analysis and schedule requirements to Trucker Girl, who is the Acting Program Manager on this effort.

Art

Slight thread hijack here... sorta...

I just removed the polish and rhinestones yesterday! The dive toes survived my trip with flying... uh... dive flags! :D The only reason I took them off was because the polish was growing out. I'll have to redo them soon.

Oh, and I sculled with my hands quite a bit at the start of the BHB dive... the tide was still coming in, and the current was relatively brisk... so, using my hands helped me keep from getting slammed into bridge pillings! :D You know... hand fins (or flippers) would have been very helpful!

Desert_Diver:
RJ-

You need to consult with EckyBay. Any self respecting engineer knows that device descriptions need to be multi-word, polysyllabic and obscure to the point of frustration for the unannointed techno-retards. Now FOES is a start, but suggests a certain noob engineering aura. "Underwater", or better yet, "Submersible", should somehow be worked into the nomenclature. "Optical Enhnacement" is actually quite good for a non-engineering type, though. I think you may show potential at this job. It always adds a lot of sex appeal if you can somehow refer to this as "Multi-Functional". Generals love the idea of more bang for the buck. Since mask is used in certain pressure equalization evolutions, we need to work that into the device description.

After you consult with EckyBay, resubmitt your proposal, with cost analysis and schedule requirements to Trucker Girl, who is the Acting Program Manager on this effort.

Art

:rofl3: :rofl3: :dork2: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Desert_Diver:
RJ-

Art

Holy god, DD...you totally out-dorked/out-nerded me...and that takes some doing...:dork2:

Certainly, your gift of grandiloquence and circumlocutiousness has availed you well in this instance... :14:

Reggae Joe:
Certainly, your gift of grandiloquence and circumlocutiousness has availed you well in this instance... :14:

Wow, RJ!! Those are some pretty big words! :rofl3: :eyebrow: :dork2: Can you define them too?:lotsalove:

When do I get to dive with you? ScubUNO is calling!:D

SPABAD

Surface penetrating air breathing assistance device

Multi purpose

1. breathing
2. beating away the flys and other bugs
3. large straw for margaritas
4. fashion accessory
5. can be used for sword fights during surface intervals

It's not really a technical term, but I'm thinking about starting to refer to my flippers/fins/pedibipedpropulsiondevices as mermaid feet. Whatchathink? I bet we could rig up one giant flipper to put both feet in. Might even work.

Of course, someone might die.

trucker girl:
It's not really a technical term, but I'm thinking about starting to refer to my flippers/fins/pedibipedpropulsiondevices as mermaid feet. Whatchathink? I bet we could rig up one giant flipper to put both feet in. Might even work.

Of course, someone might die.

Ummm, then you get to test them first! :rofl3: Can't ya feel the love?:lotsalove: :D

Oh, and TedTim.... why limit the snorkel sword fight to surface intervals? I'm thinking it could be lots of fun underwater!:eyebrow: Unless you wear your snorkel inside your wetsuit... might be kinda hard to pull it out of a back zip.:rofl3: :rofl3:

Oh, you mean snorkel as in, "breathing snorkel... snorkel the reef kinda snorkel"! My bad!:mooner: :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom