Gear Jam (warning- Dork Diver thread)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erparamedic:
TG--- That's because I'm nicer to him! :D Or maybe it's because he and I decided a long time ago to work together to win the scubUNO games. Hah!

Yeah...what she said...so PPPPPHHHHHHHPPPPPTTTTTTT...

*runs and hides*

(Thank ya, ER.) :)

Desert_Diver:
RJ-

You need to consult with EckyBay. Any self respecting engineer knows that device descriptions need to be multi-word, polysyllabic and obscure to the point of frustration for the unannointed techno-retards. Now FOES is a start, but suggests a certain noob engineering aura. "Underwater", or better yet, "Submersible", should somehow be worked into the nomenclature. "Optical Enhnacement" is actually quite good for a non-engineering type, though. I think you may show potential at this job. It always adds a lot of sex appeal if you can somehow refer to this as "Multi-Functional". Generals love the idea of more bang for the buck. Since mask is used in certain pressure equalization evolutions, we need to work that into the device description.

After you consult with EckyBay, resubmitt your proposal, with cost analysis and schedule requirements to Trucker Girl, who is the Acting Program Manager on this effort.

Art

After several meetings and forming a committee to oversee the process, a preliminary acronym has been developed for the product that is commonly referred to as a "scuba mask". Now mind you, this is just phase I of the submittal and there are two more review stages until the final stage of the acronym creation occurs. After this point, all changes will need to be approved by the over site committee after you have submitted the proper form and the change fee. A preliminary budget has yet to be determined as that will depend on the feedback from this preliminary submittal of the over-all concept. Due to time constraints, I am recommending that this project is put on the "fast-track", with the final analysis being implemented in the diving community at large in one years time. And now. The acronym.

NU-AYE The Non-permeable Underwater Advanced eYewear Equipment.

It features the STRAP system, a Snorkle Tether of Re-adjustable Advance Plastics.

eckybay:
After several meetings and forming a committee to oversee the process, a preliminary acronym has been developed for the product that is commonly referred to as a "scuba mask". Now mind you, this is just phase I of the submittal and there are two more review stages until the final stage of the acronym creation occurs. After this point, all changes will need to be approved by the over site committee after you have submitted the proper form and the change fee. A preliminary budget has yet to be determined as that will depend on the feedback from this preliminary submittal of the over-all concept. Due to time constraints, I am recommending that this project is put on the "fast-track", with the final analysis being implemented in the diving community at large in one years time. And now. The acronym.

NU-AYE The Non-permeable Underwater Advanced eYewear Equipment.

It features the STRAP system, a Snorkle Tether of Re-adjustable Advance Plastics.

EckyBay-

You tell RJ that you're definately a keeper.

LMAO

Art

nasally equalized submersible airspace retention device, and if you act now we will include the optical enahncement system at no charge!

Lol...I already knew she was, DD. :)

Nice bit of wording, honey... :)

Sideband:
nasally equalized submersible airspace retention device, and if you act now we will include the optical enahncement system at no charge!

Okay...that *sounds* fancy....but it just doesn't make a good acronym. NESARD featuring OES? It's all about the acronyms! If ya ain't got a good one, ya ain't got nothing. :dork2:

I thought my FOES one was pretty decent... :p

I am partial to TLA's my self (Three Letter Acronyms)

SVD = Submersible Vision Device

SBT = Submersible Breathing Tube

BDK = Bowie Dive Knife

WDD = Wannabe Dork Diver

Dave

Reusabel External Transparent Airspace Retention Device!
There ya go. RETARD!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom