Gear too heavy to walk on boat/climb ladder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On my last shore dives in Pompano Bea.I rented 60's. I found the dive time loss in shallow water at Anglin's Pier to be insignificant, and walking to the surf,much easier! I'll tolerate any "girlie "remarks!

I haven't read through all the comments, but I would help anyone with their gear, even carrying it (which I have done, though it was for a then girlfriend, so not sure if that counts :wink: ). After reading the OP, what I will do in the future is if I see someone taking longer than usual or if obviously having trouble with gear, I would ask him or her if they needed a hand. I'm more than happy to do it, as I'm lucky to have a good back.

Reactions: abu
I am a week short of 63 and if I let the divemaster or boat capt know at the beginning of the dive before we leave the dock that I may need a little help up the ladder, they have always been there to assist. Naturally I tip both a few extra bucks at the end of the day and I let them know in advance that they'll be getting an extra tip. Works for me.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom