Geetings from the Egg in Alberta Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrock29

Registered
Reaction score
Let me intruduce myself. My name is Michael and I'm a new member to the site. Found it while surfing this past week on my night shifts. Hard to believe that it took me so long to find it. I've been a certified SSI diver since Sept of 01 and and advanced diver since November of 01. I got certified so that a friend of mine would have a dive buddie when we went on a New Years Vacation to Cancun. Since then I have dived In Victoria, Campbell River, Nanaimo(BC), Cozumel and spent 2 incredible weeks in Bali. I'm hoping to get back to the BC coast soon. I also am Getting Married next July and am planning on doing some diving on the honeymoon.. My Fiancée (Laura) got certified in Sept of this year and really wants some ocean time. Actually Since this is a forum any Honeymoon Ideas. Current line of tought for us is warm water. We are planning on a 2 week holiday with diving happening during the first week. We have Talked about Fiji but this may be too expensive. Laura has Been to Hawaii already so we are putiing that lower on the list. Also Tahiti is off the list as it is a possible location for my first dive buddies wedding in 2005. Problem is that I'm alittle cheap but still want a nice trip. Right now the Caymen Islands also looks good. Laura mention maybe going on a cruise. Anybody done the cruise ship dive trip before? not sure if that will work.

thanks Michael

:boogie: Welcome to the party line...

Gettin' Hitch in July, huh? Well, since she's a diver, okay then. Ever heard of Roatan Island, Honduras? Cheap prices for nice resorts - food included, wall diving to die for, nice weather and water year 'round. Run a SEARCH on Roatan-All Forums, as it gets described in Caribbean and Central America both. :tree:

I hate cruising myself, but a lot of people enjoy that approach - 2 dives in the morning, shopping in the afternoon, but can't miss the boat which sales before dinner. The boat will arrange the dives for you, or you can email ahead (after gathering info on Scuba Board) and arrange your own.

If I had two weeks off, I'd do a week on Roatan, then nearby Utilla, then the Myan ruins on the mainland.

stay in touch! don

I think you will find it cheaper to go to Fiji than Cayman. My wife and I went Nov 02 for 7 days, 2 tank 5 day diving, air fare, lodging, food except alchohol, was less than $2K/person from LAX. Night Dive(s) and the Shark Dive were extra.

The food was great and it was the most relaxing trip I have had.

we went to the The Marlin Bay Resort but I am sure there are others.

Welcome to the board Michael. Do you do any local dives? I try to do Minnewanka and waterton when I can.

Don't think I'm much help with your honeymoon destination, my wife's a non-diver so top side stuff is as important as the diving for us.

Congradulations on the engagement though!

mark

Thanks for the replys. Some new things to think about. I have Yet to dive in Waterton or Minnewanka . I was sceduled to do an ice dive at Minnewanka in March 2002 and it got canceled. Bad weather :( . I hope to still go. I saw a film presentation of the Minnewanka dive at SubSea in Edmonton at it looks interesting. Most of My training and refresher dives are in Jasper. That were my better have did her training at this fall. Actual I poped the Question the week between her pool sessions and open water.

Congrats on the wedding. I just got married back in June!
Ayway, for a dive destination you may want to consider Micronesia. I was in Guam for a few days and only had time for 2 dives but they were awesome.

By the way, can you tell me anything about the diving in Cozumel??? Im going there in December!

thanx,
Clay

hi fugu

I was only in Cozumel for one day. We went over there to dive when we stayed in Cancun. It's only a short Ferrie ride. The days diving was amazing. Extreme vis in warm water. Being really new at the time I dove with a big tourist dive company aqua sport. They were OK but they are a large company that deals with alot of different water sports. Next time I'll go with someone else. Reason I used them was because they had a dive booth at our hotel. There are tons of dive shops operating in Cozumel. I have some friends from my local dive shop that go there all the time. They talk about huge bottom times. I'LL email them and see who they use. You mshould also place a posting in the Carribean section to see what other hits you get. Cozumel popular destination. sure there will be lots of feedback. I would actual go back to Cozumel before going to Cancun again.

mrock29
Remember, this is not just a dive trip, its your honeymoon. I dont think you will find a more romantic place than Marlin Bay resort on Beqa, Fiji. Great diving, wonderful food and the warmest people on earth. It is reasonably priced, too. Beats the pants off a more mainstream trip. Utila is fine diving, but I wouldn't make it my honeymoon choice.

El Orans:
Hello Morayp,

judging from the date of his first post, he's probably married by now... :)
His profile states that he hasn't been online for a year as well.

Laurens

BTW, since it's your first post, Welcome (Scub)aBoard! :happywave
Good catch Laurens

A warm welcome from presently cold Montreal. I've been on cruises and did go diving but not through the cruise ship tours. I booked ahead of time with local operators and had no problems at all. Some of them will even pick you up at the cruise ship terminals.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom