Geo 2.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also have the Geo 2.0, I had display issue with it initially the LDS took it back and sent it to Oceanic. My LDS provided me with a new one.

I also recommend DiveNav's Computer classes definitely helps with the finer details on the computer.

The main differences i can see over the Geo 1.0 is dual algorithm ( not necessary ), deepstop and two gas.
Phil

As someone else mentioned it can also scroll backward through history.

In all my fiddling around with the buttons I accidently dove with it set in nitrox instead of air which then requires 24 hours before it can be set back to air. I suppose I could have taken out the battery to reset but I didn't figure that out till later.

I called LeisurePro today about a Geo 2.0 and it is $300 with the Oceanic Trade-In Program. I have a Zeagle Status I that I'll probably trade-in.

I don't think Leisure Pro is a Oceanic Authorized Dealer??? I got quoted the same price from them WITHOUT a trade!!!

......In all my fiddling around with the buttons I accidently dove with it set in nitrox instead of air .....

I suggest you take the Geo 2.0 online class ....

and then practice with the Geo 2.0 using our scuba diving simulator

Alberto (aka eDiver)

I suggest you take the Geo 2.0 online class ....

and then practice with the Geo 2.0 using our scuba diving simulator

Alberto (aka eDiver)
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

:admin:I took the class the day I opened the package.

:idk:Didn't help much

......Didn't help much

I am sorry to hear that.
What should we add / change to improve it?

I am sorry to hear that.
What should we add / change to improve it?

I'll redo the class now that I have used the computer. In a previously life I was a technical writer so I may not want to go down that line again - too exhausting.

I'm looking into getting a GEO 2.0 soon, but heard from my friends that there are some issue with the backlight, has anyone here encountered that?

The GEO 2.0 really looks cool, but the bad reviews for GEO 1.0 are holding me back...

Just back from diving in Cozumel with my son using our new Geo 2.0. (I use a Suunto Cobra.) We really like the Geo. Easy to read in water, clear display. Never had a problem with the battery but we only have 9 dives on it.

I spent some time playing with the computer at home and needed the manual to learn all the possible settings and options. This thing can be very liberal or very, very conservative. After learning the menus and system, now I can change everything without referring to the manual. The good thing is that I can set it to Buhlmann ZHL-16C data basis and it matches the Suunto well.

I like the Geo 2.0 and would recommend it to anyone. I bought from ScubaToys.com via phone and received a great price and great service.

Last edited:
..... . After learning the menus and system, now I can change everything without referring to the manual. The good thing is that I can set it to RGBM mode and it matches the Suunto well.....

The Geo 2.0 does NOT have an RGBM algorithm .... what manual did you read?

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Back
Top Bottom