getting blisters........need advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the original post you stated the blisters were forming in between your toes. Socks may not help. I do a fair amount of backpacking and have seen people have similar problems with blisters between the toes. While this is sometimes caused by boots that are to tight, some peoples toes have a tendency to rub do to the shape of the toes. The extra pressure on the foot due to a pack or in your case fins causes the blisters to form. Try wrapping surgical tape around each toe involved. Make sure it's not to tight. For backpacking I sometimes use a product called "mole skin" or "mole foam". It's an adhesive backed bandage for cushioning blisters. The "foam" is thicker then the "skin". I haven't used either product in the water, so I don't know how well it will adhere.

One other thought, again based on backpacking experience, make sure your toe nails are cut.

i think what is happening is that any time i move my feet/fins.....that i am raising my big toe as i am bending my ankle and then as i execute the movement, the big toe is coming down and i'm rubbing it over the top/slightly inside edge of the second toe. i'm trying to figure out why i am doing this.........is it just a bad habit i need to break, or if my booties are not fitting me properly. should i have room enough in there to be maneuvering my toes in such a manner?

Back
Top Bottom