Getting Clear on the Basics: The Fundamentals of Technical Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

$15.50. No charge for pickup. I don't know what they charge to ship.

I sent it last nite, and it was ready this morning at 9:45am. I think you can get same day if done early enough.

Are they ever going to release this manual in paperback form like the Fundamentals book? The GUE site has been saying later this year forever.

---Goat

I don't know, but I don't think it's a high priority. They've got so much going on right now that this must be low on the totem pole.

Hey

has anyone here printed the GUE cave PDF? I've
done the tech manual fine but the cave PDF has
an odd size page ( #66 with the silt type comparison
pictures ) that makes kinkos want to do custom.

I'm assuming that I cannot resize or modify the PDF
in any way even though it's just a page size?

Has anyone done the custom thing w/kinkos? If
no one has I'll go ahead but I don't want a large
custom upcharge from them for 1 silly page!

Kell

kcanty once bubbled...
Hey

has anyone here printed the GUE cave PDF? I've
done the tech manual fine but the cave PDF has
an odd size page ( #66 with the silt type comparison
pictures ) that makes kinkos want to do custom.

I'm assuming that I cannot resize or modify the PDF
in any way even though it's just a page size?
Kell

I printed the Cave and Tech PDF's out double-sided on my laser printer, and they both printed fine. Page 66 (figure 7.1) printed fine also.

wb

I printed mine on a regular LaserJet. It worked fine.

Tom

I thought I remembered that you could size to fit a standard page when going thru the ordering process.

Then again, I could be wrong!

The other suggestions sound better but...

You can edit a pdf. Either use one of the many freeware pdf editors out there or use the full version of Adobe Acrobat.

Not sure about the legality of editing a published document. You could always ask GUE for permission if you like.

nickjb once bubbled...
The other suggestions sound better but...

You can edit a pdf. Either use one of the many freeware pdf editors out there or use the full version of Adobe Acrobat.

Not sure about the legality of editing a published document. You could always ask GUE for permission if you like.

All of the GUE .pdf's are locked and not editable.

I uploaded both the Cave and Tech manuals to Kinkos (took about a day and a half on dialup - okay, maybe an hour), but had a few problems.

The first was the one mentioned above about the Cave manual needing custom printing.

The second was that Kinkos' automated program wanted $14.00 for b&w printing, but $140.00 for it doublesided in color. C'mon, there are only a handful of color pages in the whole book!

Finally, the software claimed that the manuals were too big to be bound.

:rolleyes:

Luckily I happened to stop by the local OfficeMax/CopyMax. They did both manuals doublesided and in color for about $15.00 each, and quickly too. Thanks, guys!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom