Getting in without killing your camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I routinely giant stride with my Nauticam 7D, six foot drop, higher sometimes if seas are running. With my mini-dome or macro ports, I don't sweat it at all. With my 230mm dome, I'm more careful and try to hold the beast above my head but still have way more confidence than with my previous housing.

Cp

I use the Housing Sentry Housing Sentry overview . It pulls 10" of vacuum on the housing creating a seal in the housing that is equivalent to being 16' or 5 meters deep at the surface. It takes almost 60lbs or 7Kg of force to break the seal.

Cheers for the tips guys, 20 dives with no hitches thankfully (bar the fibre optic coming loose a couple of times though I think that was more to do with the way I was holding the camera/tray). Giant stride with arm above head worked a treat, didnt need camera dipped in with lanyard or to be handed down to me, good job really as there were some choppy days
Moose

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom