Giant Sea Bass speared in the La Jolla Preserve by scuba diver 04/24/2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the end its just sad. And he will pay one way or another. Karma is a *****.

What's really sad is that the fish is dead. Anyone know how long it takes that species to get so big?

archman:
What's really sad is that the fish is dead. Anyone know how long it takes that species to get so big?

Sign-On San Diego had this in their article "Jones said he's fairly certain that the black sea bass killed yesterday has been in the reserve for many years. Officials estimated the fish was 50 years old. "

Okay, who has seen the article in the San Diego paper? When I first saw the picture, I thought it looked like Shaka Zulu, did a double-take and then looked at the name. Doesn't it look like him? I know he wouldn't shoot one and does know what one is but it freaked me out for a moment!

You mean I dived in California for 2 years and never saw one of these and this frikkin idiot shoots one and doesn't know what it is?

I'll bet regular spearos are p!ssed at him as well - way to give the sport a blackeye.

In Wisconsin anyone who is caught as a poacher, which is what he is, is fined and has all sporting equipment conficated on the spot! License is revoked. I hope this guy never dives again, his C Card lifted, no more air fills for this smuck.

Post his sorry mug on this board, and put in all Calf LDS's with bulllseye over it for starters!

Do you think they had a big BBQ at the DFG that evening or did they freeze the fish to hold as evidence. As bad as the situation was I would hate to see this fish go to waste.

Ann Marie:
Okay, who has seen the article in the San Diego paper? When I first saw the picture, I thought it looked like Shaka Zulu, did a double-take and then looked at the name. Doesn't it look like him? I know he wouldn't shoot one and does know what one is but it freaked me out for a moment!

I just saw a fish, what are you talking about dear???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom