Gilboa - Labor Day Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boogie711 once bubbled...

My condolences. I had to drive with him to Gilboa. I'm still in therapy.

It wasn't my fault you were making me talk and the road stopped when it did. If I hadn't been concentrating on talking to you I would have had lotsa time to stop, or at least to slow down for that detour.

As for the sonic booms, those were real, not figments of yer fevered imagination. You learn to ignore the Boom Brothers after a while.

JF

Seacur once bubbled...

It wasn't my fault you were making me talk and the road stopped when it did. If I hadn't been concentrating on talking to you I would have had lotsa time to stop, or at least to slow down for that detour.

As for the sonic booms, those were real, not figments of yer fevered imagination. You learn to ignore the Boom Brothers after a while.

JF

I'm sure we could schedule the booms. There's enough lead time here. He only lives outside Cleveland. Besides, it's been awhile since everything that I said was challenged, all day long!!

For clarification, my brother is not going to be there (he delivers Ice....and labor day weekend is a BIG $$$ for them)....but my dive buddy will. As for another fryer....I am thinking we can get away with 2. Bob If you bring yours, that would save me from hauling two gas tanks...and I would appreciate that.

I definetly think we're going to need 2 birds. I will not be able to stay long on Sunday....maybe not even overnight on SAT...(we are movning into the new house the previous weekend...wife will be 6 months prenant....etc.)

Anyway, that's the latest from my end.

What time is everyone planning to hop into the water for the first dive on Saturday?

Seacur once bubbled...
I'd like to be there but need assurances that none of those nicknames hides one Brian Wagner & bro, the Combustible Brothers. I need peace and quiet, and another weekend with the Wagnerian Sonic Cannon is anything but restful.

JohnF

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water.

Popeye once bubbled...

It's the field mice he loads into the barrel. All that squealing and flailing about as hundreds of the little boogers get scattered all over the campground and the water. Then some hit the water and the Monster Trout go berserk in a feeding frenzy of mushed mouse meat. I hate when I'm caught in that.

JohnF

biscuit7 once bubbled...

What I know so far is that most people are planning to be there on Saturday, August 30, and at least some people will be around for Sunday and maybe Monday.

and anyone that wants to join in the big feast would be more than welcome to contribute either some dining accessories (food, plates, utensils, etc.) or a few dollars to offset the cost of feeding everyone. Let us know what you plan to do so we don't double up on stuff.

Rachel

I am in for the weekend, Friday night saturday and sunday, maybe monday as well.

Count me in on feast, would be glad to pitch in dollars to the kitty!

Popeye once bubbled...

Does this mean we should be on the lookout for one stout buzz-cut individual from the smokies???

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...

Just the beer man.....who the hell plans on diving anyway?????

Big-T, I gave up the beer to be able to afford SCUBA gear !

I will trade you my portion of beer for your portion of Bottom Time :)

I can also be "The Designated Diver"

Mike

Never been to Gilboa :(

1. Should I bring tanks?

2. How deep are we diving and what temp to expect? I looked at their website and the H2O looks cold. I do not have a dry suit.

3. Do they take reservations for campsites, rooms etc? I am thinking it might be crowded for Labor Day.

4. Are there any motels close? Anyone want to split a room or cottage?

TIA

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom