Gilboa or White Star?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubAddicted

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Thinking of going to Gilboa or White Star quarrys in two weeks. Never been to either one, just wondering peoples opinions on which one is better. Also do either of them have close by hotels? Any input would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

I prefer White Star, mostly because it is usually less crowded. Gilboa has more services available, and Mike and his staff are great. There are more options for food and lodging near Gilboa in Findlay.

I'm with srhein, I prefer White Star. WS is usually less crowded and I think the parking arangement is better as well as the easy entry. Gilboa seems to have more attractions that are concentrated but WS seems to be larger. If I were to go diving in two weeks I would most likely choose White Star although FWADIVER says Gilboa may have better vis. I usually camp across the road so I cannot comment an any local hotels but I think Gilboa may have some sort of cabins to rent but never really looked into them.

Jon

Back
Top Bottom