gilboa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian,
There's a chance I'll be there Sunday. I might have an AOW student "making up" a May dive weekend he has to miss. He'll be doing an "observation and data collection" dive if you want to try to help him figure out the sex of the trout in the quarry. I'll have to get back relatively early though, have to be at work at 10pm.
Ber :lilbunny:

Big-t-2538:
I see one flaw....no mention of cold beer....I guess that can be my department.

I hesitate to mention this to you, but I have plans underway to bring a 5 gal 'corney' keg of Black Forest Brewing Company Maple Porter beer to the get-together on 16-18 April. I will be taking "free will donations" to offset the considerable cost of getting this brew from the brewmaster at Black Forest. So the question is, how does beer on tap sound to you????

So, indeed, beer is MY department... A 5 gallon keg contains 40, 16oz glasses of beer....
:54:

I should have a case of my favorite beer with me and as two or three a day is heavy drinking for me (especially with diving involved), that leaves plenty left over.

Ber, that sounds fine to me. When I stay at the quarry, I treat it as my version of a live-aboard. I typically do about four dives a day. But, I won't be of much help with fish ID, LOL. I know more about bows, sterns, masts, and galleys (especially galleys with my appetite).

diverbrian:
Ber, that sounds fine to me. When I stay at the quarry, I treat it as my version of a live-aboard. I typically do about four dives a day. But, I won't be of much help with fish ID, LOL. I know more about bows, sterns, masts, and galleys (especially galleys with my appetite).

I'll let you know if he's coming along then, I probably won't know until closer to the date. At least he let me know early that he needed to miss a class, I was hoping this would just be a fun weekend for me though. We can work on fish ID together, I can identify the trout they're the ones who grab you by the neck and demand to be fed! Trying to figure out if they're boys or girls is something new for me :D Heck, I might try it even if I don't bring the student!
Ber

frankenmuth_tom:
So, indeed, beer is MY department... A 5 gallon keg contains 40, 16oz glasses of beer....
:54:
Sounds tasty.

Only thing is I have to be back Sat. Evening...so more than a pint or two is not in order for me.

Ber - if your student ends up not making it Sunday, there's a chance I could talked into breaking away on any given weekend in May or June to help him make the dives up if you're unavailable.

-T

BTW...when do I need to get physics for divers 101 prepared by...I promise to leave out the calculus?

Hey T, how about week 2 for physics 101. I don't want you scaring them off too early :biggrin:
Ber

And that would be April 10th?

Can I ask if any of you who dive Gilboa regularly would have any idea what water temps would be around then (April 17)? If you dove about the same date last year and logged it that would be info enough (especially since around here it's warming up sooner and faster than last spring). There's a couple of us around here that are itching to get wet and the local quarries are still ice covered.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom