Ginnie Trip: This Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just picked up 80 burgers, 80 hot dogs, and 80 sets of each type of bun. I'll also have... once cut, about 50 pieces of chicken which I'll need more of. I am buying leg quarters for 79 cents a pound which gives us about ten pieces per pack. If someone wants to buy a couple packs to bring up, I can separate them myself.
We'll need plates paper towels and side dishes like potato salads, baked beans, cole slaw n such.
If we start running low on anything Saturday, I'll take money from the food jar and make a store run.
I have plenty of plasticware now; forks, spoons knives.
Cups might not be a bad idea to bring more of.

As for the situation of member of the year, this has now turned into... we may be recieving guests such as the managers who assisted in straightening everything out, and a member of the Gilchrist Chamber of Commerce may be coming by, and if so, will be bringing a few Rotarians to introduce everyone and say Hi.

I also have a really crafty idea for the donation bin for food money.

DEEPSEAWOLF:
I just picked up 80 burgers, 80 hot dogs, and 80 sets of each type of bun. I'll also have... once cut, about 50 pieces of chicken which I'll need more of. I am buying leg quarters for 79 cents a pound which gives us about ten pieces per pack. If someone wants to buy a couple packs to bring up, I can separate them myself.
We'll need plates paper towels and side dishes like potato salads, baked beans, cole slaw n such.
If we start running low on anything Saturday, I'll take money from the food jar and make a store run.
I have plenty of plasticware now; forks, spoons knives.
Cups might not be a bad idea to bring more of.

As for the situation of member of the year, this has now turned into... we may be recieving guests such as the managers who assisted in straightening everything out, and a member of the Gilchrist Chamber of Commerce may be coming by, and if so, will be bringing a few Rotarians to introduce everyone and say Hi.

I also have a really crafty idea for the donation bin for food money.
I'll run by Sam's, Fri., and get the "industrial" size paper plates, paper towels (napkins tend to get blown around) and cups. If I get the chicken and bring the fowl up Fri, do you have storage?

Ah.. with all the tending dignitaries should we be sporting ties?

Chuck

I'll have a place for food! I'm bringing a large, medium, and three small coolers! I may even borrow another large cooler from the parents'.
As for the tie,... SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYAH RIGHT!!!!!!
Consider my octo keeper around my neck as my tie!
It's black, and has two cable ties, so it's technically a doubled black tie.

I'll be spending Friday cutting and prepping, and starting to pre-cook food at the campsite. That way, we'll have some ready at 10 when we kick off the party!
:dazzler1:

Looking at the guest list of campers and day stayers, we'll be teetering around the 100 attendees mark. As people donate money to the food costs, if we're getting low on food, I can make a run to Winn-Dixie, which is North of High Springs and closer than Food Lion in Alachua.
We had an unexpected $250 bill hit us last week which took a MAJOR chunk out of my funds for this event.
Another reason why I LOVE tax collectors! Their timing is impeccable!

DEEPSEAWOLF:
Looking at the guest list of campers and day stayers, we'll be teetering around the 100 attendees mark. As people donate money to the food costs, if we're getting low on food, I can make a run to Winn-Dixie, which is North of High Springs and closer than Food Lion in Alachua.
We had an unexpected $250 bill hit us last week which took a MAJOR chunk out of my funds for this event.
Another reason why I LOVE tax collectors! Their timing is impeccable!
Done deal. Oh and neoprene ties...not.

it's thursday, it's thursday...
which means tomorrow's friday
which means the day after that is Saturday, Saturday
and i go to Ginnie Springs!!

:fruit:

and be late again :mfight:
I'll be there in 14 hours along with DSW. :wolfgang:

:rocker:

dsw I have to work a half day now but i get payed for a full day can not beat it i will still be leaving by 0930 1000 but camp site question is can you put people together.

I have to work tonight until Midnight. Then going to Albertson's, which is having major sales,... like chicken at 49 cents/pound! I'll be stopping at Ben's for ice in the morning then heading to Ginnie to setup. If all goes well, I'll be at site #40 setting up and cleaning the grill by noon! 13 hours, 35 minutes, 27 seconds and counting down!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom