girls problem : wizzing in ya wetty....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Position yourself head down, put your octo inside the neck of the wet suit. As you pee, purge the octo. Air will flow up, pulling water behind and your wet suit really will get flushed, otherwise it will not get flushed. Before using this method, make sure you have NOT tucked the legs of your suit in your boots.

i was just wondering about peeing in a semi-dry! would you be semi-soaking-in-urine? flooding the suit would not be the best option in cold water, im guessing.

Walter:
Position yourself head down, put your octo inside the neck of the wet suit. As you pee, purge the octo. Air will flow up, pulling water behind and your wet suit really will get flushed, otherwise it will not get flushed. Before using this method, make sure you have NOT tucked the legs of your suit in your boots.

does that really work?

If it REALLY is an issue, one thing I have seen done. IF your LDS does wetsuit repair, have them install a drysuit zipper in the crotch. I know it sounds a little weird, but it will work. Many commercial diving drysuits (Viking) have a horizontal zipper at the waist.

ThatsSomeBadHatHarry:
does that really work?

Yes. It's an air lift. With a tube instead of a wetsuit, you can lift fairly heavy objects, treasure salvors use the technique.

m and m:
I think the big difference b/w guys n girls and the pee situation is... guys can just pop 'it' out n pee over the side :wink: I guess the situation is pretty much exactly the same though once under the H20.
Well, you think wrong. Most (all?) wetsuits zip up in the back, and I never saw a wetsuit that would allow the man to pull his thing out the way one can do with pants.

mello-yellow:
Well, you think wrong. Most (all?) wetsuits zip up in the back, and I never saw a wetsuit that would allow the man to pull his thing out the way one can do with pants.

and if I find a man that can.....i may not leave the house to dive again...lol :wink:

I will jump in and admit that my diving wife (almost 200 dives or so now) also believes she can't pee in her wetsuit and she doesn't. Now I won't say she is crazy and that I think she is crazy but she DOESN'T pee in her wetsuit. Seriously. She will hold it and hold it and hold it. It drives me crazy but hey, she dives and loves it so I try not to complain about these things. All that said, I have heard other female divers complain about not being able to pee in a wetsuit. Well, my wife is watching Gray's Anatomy now about 10 feet away so I will ask her what the deal is....

...she says...why yare you asking me this....ok....she can pee in her wetsuit if she isn't say drift diving or doing a more technical cold water dive....she says if she can stop and concentrate then she can...not in Cozumel....not in the NE...not in rough or technical conditions...Key Largo is a yes. SO....she can only pee in Key Largo, lol. Something about the restriction on her mid section and being able to concentrate. Even I understand the concentration thing, especially when I am wearing a well fitiing suit.

Hey, she wants to go to Bonaire and we are in two weeks. I ain't gonna complain. She can pee where she wants to. More info on peeing in bonaire in three weeks when we get back!!! LOL.

00scuba:
and if I find a man that can.....i may not leave the house to dive again...lol :wink:

Even if it's the wetsuit design that allows it?

Also, one thing to consider. If you are in the habit of frequently "holding it" for a long period of time, you could strain the bladder muscles setting yourself up for the greater risk of incontinence later on in life.