girls problem : wizzing in ya wetty....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver_sam_851027:
..meanwhile.......us ladies have to get stripped down and find a suitable outhouse.......or other location if the toilet's unavailable while being discreet enough not to flash our bare @$$'s out in the open!!!

yup, that's another disadvantage

i have seen several women take off their wetsuits and walk into the water,
waist-high. they discreetely take care of things, and no one's the wiser.
in a boat without a head, i've seen one woman take off her wetsuit and
go for a short swim :wink:

of course, this works in warm waters. not sure if you'd like to do this in the
Great White North

We are all (hopefully) adults. We all have "bodily functions". Be brave- tell the rest of the boat you gotta pee, please be kind enough to turn the other way and make way for the swim platform.

i have a small boat and keep a bucket onboard for the girls. when i have to go they turn their heads and when they have to go,we turn ours and they wrap a towel around themselves and go !! when you gotta go,you gotta go !!

laserdoc:
Everyone has peeed in a wet suit. The water you dive in washes it out anyway. Also pee is alot more sterile than most water you drink. You wash out your wetsuit in a freash water tank after the ocean dive also. It really is no big deal!!
Actually, no they haven't, and I'm not lying. I made 800 pee-free dives in wetsuits. Anyone who believes that it rinses out while diving has never worked in a dive shop. I washed rental suits for eight years and can attest that it does not. Also, when you pee in a wetsuit you feel warmth immediately, but then your body's core temp lowers, making you feel colder. You have to produce more urine to warm your body. I prefer to go before I get in the water.

If a semi-dry wetsuit doesn't allow circulation, then how does water get in but not out? is there soem sort of magical one way valve?! lol.....

Be a whizz and take a whizz....or is that give a whizz.....

You girls are really missing out on one of the ultimate barometers of living the high-life and that is the ability to write your name in the snow.....and if you're in control, you can write your name in block print instead of continuous script......now that take a true champion.

:wink:

I can go 2 minutes before going into the water, but as soon as I feel the cold, I've got to go again. Holding it in for an hour isn't an option. I just am sure to hydrate hydrate hydrate (hmmm, this probably doesn't help issues now that I think about it) and rinse. Was always sure to wash the suit out at the end of the day.

Now I dive dry, so it isn't an issue. But someone needs to come out with a decent p-valve for women. The cold no longer sparks the urge to go every 5 minutes, but the thought of wearing Depends during a long deco is not very appealing. :)

i have certain constant numbers i've developed (through exahustive research).
they are P, T, and H

my P constant is 3.5 minutes (time it takes me to want to pee once i get in the
water wearing a wet suit)

my T constant is 32 seconds (time it takes me to tangle a reel once deployed)

my H constant is a bit more complicated:

H = SS * TLF * GC

where H = hurling time upon boarding a vessel
SS = sea state
TLF = Task Load Factor
and GC = Gastrointestinal Constant (this is a value of zero)

the result is given in minutes. for example, let's say a sea state of 4,
and a task load factor of 1 (minimal work):

H = 4 * 1 * 0 = 0 minutes to hurl time

m and m:
I've read a few small articles in dive magazines about a new invention - a way to pee in your wetsuit (ladies) without having to take it off.... does anyone know more, or have used such a device. They descibe it as a "cup" or a "funnel"! :11doh: Where exactly does it 'funnel' to? Do you need to cut a hole in the crotch of the wetsuit?

Read about this in Asian Diver magazine, guess this is what you're talking about: www.whizbiz.com.au

After working as a raft guide and dealing with smelly wetsuits, I do not pee in mine either. Call me crazy but pee may be sterile on exit, it certainly gets the funk after...no thanks.

The device you are thinking about is the "Porta-Jane" or something along those lines. You can get them at camping stores or on campmore. I don't think they would be much use unless your wetsuit opened in the front. Also, I think it would just be a mess.

I go for the swim, or use the head, or hang my butt off the side of the boat. Everyone stares when I jump in the water and I get pee fright. Maybe the guys are just staring cause there is a girl on the boat. I really need a dive buddy!
I know who I'll invite to a pool party now, especially after this discussion!

LOL! This thread would be perfectly at home in the humor section. I especially like H2Andy's constants, although I think I've got his P constant beat by at least a minute.