Give me some input on this

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

isent the mk 25 enviromentally sealed, and if so what model is it, and the temps could be cold do to a car going into icy water, but I dont want two sets of gear, if I want to go tropical, want to have a good dive with good gear.

biglahou:
isent the mk 25 enviromentally sealed, and if so what model is it, and the temps could be cold do to a car going into icy water, but I dont want two sets of gear, if I want to go tropical, want to have a good dive with good gear.

Hmmmm.. enviro sealed, rugged, simple, can do cold water... sounds like Apeks DS4 to me on the first stage. Maybe TX50 for the second stage???

If you are going to do SAR work, forget about buying a recreational BC like the Glide. You're going to want something in a difference class. My suggestion for a BP and Wing setup is the most flexible, but the Zeagle is also nice. I used to have one.

who makes zeagle, and you said BP did you mean BC,

biglahou:
who makes zeagle, and you said BP did you mean BC,

Zeagle makes Zeagle :) It's nice quality gear. Look them up on the intternet. And no, I did not mean BC. I meant BP, which stands for Backplate. And W stands for Wing. The two pieces are used together, along with some 2" webbing, to create a BC of incredible flexibility and usefulness. It's this kind of BC system which is preferred by technical divers the world over. Simple, rugged, clean, modular, and fairly cheap.

You'll get VERY used to seeing the term BP/W which means Backplate/Wing. :)

I just checked out Zeagle, and found a dealer close to where I live, I do like the BC, very nice, I will be calling Monday on this Zeagle.l

Thanks perroneford, any more help will be appriciated.

biglahou:
I am looking to see who would know the best, who makes the best BC and what model,
Who makes the best regulator, and what model.

Also who makes the best computer, wrist only w/remote, and what model.

Let's see. If 100 people respond to your post, you'll probably get 95 different responses! :11ztongue To each his (her) own.

All the manufacturers make a range of equipment for a variety of conditions. If you have the opportunity, try out several that people mention, and see (and feel!) how each one works -- FOR YOU. Then go with that.

FWIW...

Problem with that, no one will demo the top of the line equipment, only the lower end.
They really dont have the money they say to buy one for demo purposes.

That would be cool to demo one day every line.

Does anyone know where you can go to do this.

biglahou:
Problem with that, no one will demo the top of the line equipment, only the lower end.
They really dont have the money they say to buy one for demo purposes.

That would be cool to demo one day every line.

Does anyone know where you can go to do this.

Where in Idaho? North, South, East, Central? I grew up in South-East Idaho and had to go to the shops in Salt Lake City, UT for a lot of my gear. Depending on where you are in Idaho you could call Teton Aquatic Supply in Jackson, WY or the larger shops in SLC (Scuba Utah, Neptune Divers, Other?), or a shop(s) in Boise. I'm guessing the larger shops in SLC would do demos. Call and find out.

For the rest of you: Give him the benefit of the doubt on the S&R comments. In my small Idaho home-town I had the Sherriff on my porch more than once requesting my services for S&R. We had a deal. I was on-call, and for that I got free access to the firehouse compressor. This arangement started when I was 16! Ah the wild wild west. :eyebrow:
-Ben M.

THANKS BEN, WE HALF TO START SOMEWHERE RIGHT.
I am in northern, up by spokane.

I will be flying down on the 16th to SLC I will be checking out those places, when I get their.

Ok everyone, made my choices on gear, will be getting the aqua lung unlimited pro bc with the optinal air source, apeks ATX 200 limited edition black pearl, and I know allot of you will love this, to top off the package will be adding the suunto D9, as my dive computer.

I am really happy with these choices, and took lots of time reading and looking into these items, hope ya all think I did ok, for the search and rescue, I will be adding some extra lift bags to my gear as I my need them, hopefully I wont need to, but ya never know.

Thanks all for the help,
Bret

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom