Give me some input on this

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

why the black pearl? why not just the standard atx200, or even an atx50? not saying you chose wrong, just wondering why you chose what you did

The reason for the bc was I like the fact of being able to have the torso adjusting system it has plus the self adjusting lumbar support, with as much diving I want to be doing, I want comfort, and I like the front pocket it has, the extra rings it has plus the knife is a plus, thats one less knife I half to buy.

The reason for the atx 200 was a good friend in Hawaii I know, told me out of all the reg's he has used, this one allowed him more time in the water, less air use, and it also has cold water ability, I was tossed between the legend lx supreme, and the atx, and when my friend told me the great price on the atx, and topped it of with the limited black pearl, I went for it, cool thing is I will be trying out the legend, and if I like it over the black pearl, I already have the black pearl sold, for the amount needed for the legend.

For the computer, that I did get a great price for, I looked at size, the digital compas, and watch, I figured based on reading post on the D9 here at these forums, that I couldnt go wrong.

I agree that you will get diffrent opinions no matter who you talk to, so I decided to go with these items one for resale value, two, if I dont like them I can always sell and get the better thing, is there lots of others out their, yes I agree, but easier to sell down then to come up with more money to get the better. Right.

So many times I have boughten the cheaper deal, but come up not so cheap after all.

Plus these items I bought came from manufactures who make them themselves and did not buy from manufactures who are middle men.

I hope I made sense with all this for all.

Now its time to get wet baby.

Have to agree on the S & R comments. Here in the bottom of the Philippines, we have very few divers. We are asked to help in body recovery, boat recovery, even putting a nut on a bolt under the boat. Actually just about anything in the water. Even to take pictures for a school project.

About your gear choice... Personally (my opinion only) the D9 is very expensive. I would love to have one but would rather spend my money on something else. But if its in your budget, more power to you. I would not get an air source. Lots of threads on this. Is the BC the Seaquest Pro?

Back
Top Bottom