Give Your Opinion- Best Coral Reef Diving in the World

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A little atoll not far from Palau and Yap called Ulithi - the most pristine reefs I have ever seen - but missing sharks because of illegal fishing - even saw a floating one that had been finned. The draw back was that is was hard to get to and very rustic. We had to fix the compressor for them one day, patch the boat the next and carry it over the reef daily. So not exactly a tourist experience.

Papua New Guinea around New Ireland and for an easy trip - Fiji, but in the north
Also Tonga haunts my dreams. So much stuff there. I did not appreciate it because it was my first ever dive trip after certification in temperate water. Spoiled for life,

4-way tie: Bunaken in N. Sulawesi; Moalboal Cebu; Maldives; PNG. Doing Raja Ampat this year, which may join or top the list, I've heard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a time--not so long ago--that I would have agreed that there were very few coral reefs in the Caribbean that could be considered world class...

But then I went to the Gardens of the Queen off the southeast coast of Cuba. Absolutely stunning.

There was a time--not so long ago--that I would have agreed that there were very few coral reefs in the Caribbean that could be considered world class...

But then I went to the Gardens of the Queen off the southeast coast of Cuba. Absolutely stunning.

60 Minutes did a special on that area and showed some UW photos and video. Looked good by Caribbean standards, but if what they showed is representative of the best in that area, IMHO, it's still very much below world class.

Not trying to be disrespectful. Sometimes 2 people can see the same exact thing but have different opinions because they focus on and care about different details. Who knows, Cuba might be in my future and I will get to judge with my own eyes. Cheers.

Best I have seen is Palau, but best is subjective and our opinions are a limited by our experience. There are a lot of great reef dives all over the world.

Sent from my mind using Tapatalk HD

Back
Top Bottom