Going to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquaman40

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, This is my first post to Scubaboard. I have been inspired to do so because of an upcoming trip to Cozumel in August. I have read so many forums that I feel I have already been there. One thing I have not read much about is whether to choose the north or south end of the island for advanced diving. Most likely I'll do both, But was curious if anyone had an opinion one way or the other. Thanks

Welcome to ScubaBoard!!! I can't help you with any info on Cozumel, but you might post in the Mexico forum for help with that!! They have a whole sub-forum on Coz there! Good luck!!

Howdy! You'll like it here, this is the most informative place to go for SCUBA on the internet. Whether you want info, humor, or spirited debate, (or sometimes all three at once!), this is the place! :crafty:

TJ

Gidday and welcome,
again I can't help with Cozmul but if you ever want to dive NZ let me know.
Alison

Benvenuto a bordo! :sharks:
Can not help on Cozumel but I am sure you will enjoy either it's north or south...

I haven't dove north of San Miguel but all of the wall dives were great. The south end was probably a bit better, and more advanced. The devils throat is cool, Its at Punta Sur.
Also the north end of Santa rosa wall has a lot of nice swimthroughs, Some of the guys I dove with went deep (120')at the beginning of santa rosa wall and had to come up before we reached the swimthroughs (at about 50-70').
Its all drift diving so everyone travels as a group, I haven't dove with a big boat, but I think it might get crowded down below. you really need the divemaster to find some of the best swimthroughs.

Here is a good map, but the descriptions don't do the sites justice.

http://www.underwatercolors.com/cozumel/maps/cozmap.html

I'm sure you will have a great time.

If you like italian food, try Primo's. People in my group say it's as good as Boston's north end. (I'm not a big fan of Italian)

BeckiLeigh:
Welcome to ScubaBoard!!! I can't help you with any info on Cozumel, but you might post in the Mexico forum for help with that!! They have a whole sub-forum on Coz there! Good luck!!

Thanks Becki, It's going to take me awhile to figure this site out.

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile? Some ideas for your Profle might be taken from looking at mine. Click on my Username to the upper left, then click on my Profile, and see what I've done. For your's, click the [CP] in the upper left of the screen, then click [Edit Profile]. If you need any more help, PM me direct.

:D

alijtaylor:
Gidday and welcome,
again I can't help with Cozmul but if you ever want to dive NZ let me know.
Alison
HI Alison, I have a goal to dive Australia and surrounding areas in early 2007. Been saving for a few years now.
Thanks
Mike

TwoTanks:
I haven't dove north of San Miguel but all of the wall dives were great. The south end was probably a bit better, and more advanced. The devils throat is cool, Its at Punta Sur.
Also the north end of Santa rosa wall has a lot of nice swimthroughs, Some of the guys I dove with went deep (120')at the beginning of santa rosa wall and had to come up before we reached the swimthroughs (at about 50-70').
Its all drift diving so everyone travels as a group, I haven't dove with a big boat, but I think it might get crowded down below. you really need the divemaster to find some of the best swimthroughs.

Here is a good map, but the descriptions don't do the sites justice.

http://www.underwatercolors.com/cozumel/maps/cozmap.html

I'm sure you will have a great time.

If you like italian food, try Primo's. People in my group say it's as good as Boston's north end. (I'm not a big fan of Italian)

thanks for the info, I love Italian.
Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom