going to Lareto MX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nwarainbw

Registered
Reaction score
thinking about going on a dive trip to Lareto the last week in OCT first week NOV. This will be my first Ocean dive after OW cert and would like any info people have. Is it a good place for a newbie? How thick of a wetsuit will I need? again any info on the area would be appreciated.
Thanks
Matt

I'm going for the second time later this week - look for a report. I hear the water is still relatively cool at depth, but October is supposed to be good. I'll be diving with Dolphin Dive Center - www.dolphindivebaja.com - and will have more to say when I get back.

You'll want a 7mm for sure. I drove down over Christmas and the conditions were quite rough so we didn't dive.

nwarainbw:
yep I guess I did mean Lareto BCS. Thanks for the info and I will watch for the trip report.
Matt

I recently spent a week there, 5 days diving, and I think it is a fine place for beginners, as long as you don't mind diving from a smaller boat (backrolling is the norm), where you will need to stay organized and tidy with your gear. There was some current in spots, but nothing serious, nothing that wasn't easily manageable. At the time you are going, viz should be good and water temps pretty warm. Enjoy! I found the Bay of Loreto to be very rich with fish and marine mammal life.

Thanks for the info.. I am looking forward to going and have heard it is not unusual to see whale sharks, dolphin pods, sea lions, and mantas, in addition to other abundant sea life.

I'm diving Loreto Aug 12-20th with Dolphin Dive Baja. I'm very excited about this dive trip, Once I return I'll be sure to post my experience and many photos.....

I know it will be hot as hell, but i plan on spending most my time below sealevel

Back
Top Bottom