Gold/Silver Submerged Mine Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know the OP specifically asked about mines in the US, but I thought I might add that here in Brazil there is a deactivated gold mine that is widely used by Brazilian cave divers. It is called Mina da Passagem, in case anyone wants to look it up.

I can't make a proper assessment on its structural integrity, but the engineers I know that dive dive do not seem concerned about it. Additionally, it is worth noting that It has been active as a dive site for at least fifteen years without incidents.

On a final note, no one has brought back any gold from their dives yet. :)

Bering Sea Gold,, aaahhh yes, reality TV at it's best!!! Big on personal conflict drama, small on real divers and a huge hit with the advertisers!! So glad I don't pay for cable or dish tv!! I have seen it at hotels and I have to agree on the Bozo's angle!!!

Please don't tell these guys and gals that mines are that dangerous. Slate Mine "Christine" Willingen, Germany - video

Also, I believe that I was reading somewhere years ago that the water density can actually assist in supporting the cave or mine from cave ins.

---------- Post added March 12th, 2014 at 01:13 PM ----------

On a final note, no one has brought back any gold from their dives yet. :)

Not that they would tell if they did anyway.

Back
Top Bottom