Golf Ball Divers

Where do you fit in?

• Do you buy the balls from the course and sell them elsewhere?

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Does the course buy them from you directly? (After the Dive)

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Do you poach?

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Nasty, 0 Vis, hazardous diving is not for me.

Votes: 47 83.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I still didn't get how much money they make. I would consider doing it on the side if the money was good. Hell I live in Florida. There are a ton of golf courses here. Someone hook me up with some info here. I might seriously want to do this.

I make 8 cents per ball. The company I work for pays for all of the shipping, shipping bags and labels. They also send me receipt book, etc. I have heard of some divers making 10-12 per ball, but they have more expenses to cover themselves.

photohikedive:
dang el, google is in dutch?
I'm certain you'll be able to read the results...

bikefox:
I make 8 cents per ball. The company I work for pays for all of the shipping, shipping bags and labels. They also send me receipt book, etc. I have heard of some divers making 10-12 per ball, but they have more expenses to cover themselves.

Does your company have any divisions in Florida?

CBulla:
Yawl feel brave enough to dive FL golf courses?

Sure those gators are all small. Usually not more than 4 feet. I would probably carry a speargun and a couple good dive knives.

bikefox:
None of the above. I subcontract for a company that has contracts with the courses The courses get compensated (by the contractor) with either cash or balls. All I do is let the contractor know when I want to work, check my email for the location and head to the course. When I get about 30,000-45,000 balls (about every two weeks), I let the contractor know and they setup the shipping. Good easy money!!! I see your from Colorado. Looking for a job??

I'm brand new to the business and actually I'm doing my first two courses this weekend. I'm carrying all cost so far. Depending on how things go I may take you up on a job. e-mail me some details on what your offering (petegalle@gmail.com) and I'll keep in touch.

By the way "Bags" says Hi. I work with him at Buckley, small world huh...

Pete

Were you the guys on that episode of Dirty Jobs? Those guys had quite a set up for cleaning, sorting and packaging.

All I know is:
1. Lakes eat my golf balls... and I want them back....
2. Trying to carry golf clubs and scuba gear... has got to be hard :)
3. The only good whole on the course is 19

Back
Top Bottom