Golf Ball Divers

Where do you fit in?

• Do you buy the balls from the course and sell them elsewhere?

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Does the course buy them from you directly? (After the Dive)

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Do you poach?

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Nasty, 0 Vis, hazardous diving is not for me.

Votes: 47 83.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, many of our local island divers "tee off" at an unofficial "practice range" just above one of our dive sites (Blue Car Wreck). I am constantly confusing golf balls with "turtle eggs" (they are seen there on occasion too). Many of the golf balls are in pretty deep water (150-200 ft).

git-r-dun diver:
I would probably carry a speargun and a couple good dive knives.
That will do you a lot of good in black water.

Gary D. :wink:

I only collect free range golf balls I find while diving. My personal bests are 92 scuba and 46 skin-diving.

So far I have not sought a buyer

we've got a bunch of courses near my house. maybe i should try this out a few times. i used to collect golf balls i would find at my house/golf course rivers/and golf balls that people left behind in their carts/and the bushes. i would sell them back to the players for 25 to 50 cents a ball. i would make about 50 dollars in a couple hours on a good day.

A) Golfers
B) Golf Courses that will put them in a large barrel or egg cartons and sell
C) Companies that will package them

dumpsterDiver:
Diving for balls in Florida presents special problems. This includes alligators that are very common on some courses (on one course I used to see at least 30 per day). Another issue is being "forced" to dive in "reclaimed" water. This is sewage water that has been minimally treated and still has lotsa nutrients and probably lotsa viruses. The water is GREEN, with visibility less than 6 inches usually. At least when you walk outta the pond, you know if you got bit by an alligator. I was always more worried about the potential impacts from viral exposure.

you also have to wonder where all that fertiliser they spread over the golf course ends up - I would assume a significant ammount ends up in the lakes - not sure I'd want to dive in them.

Thanks Buddy, hope ;you are doing well ! I guess you had a big success in summer with big numbers. The co. didnt want me working colorado by diving other states such as Tennessee and North Carolina but very good numbers lately!

Ahh, the chemicals in lakes are safe for divers to dive for balls. I have been diving for 18 years. Most of time, we have rain for the grasses to grow on the fairways. Fertizers are safe for enivorment due to each state laws required for golf courses to follow.

Free Range golf balls?? Are these of superior quality to golf balls raised in crowded cages, or is it more of a humanitarian thing?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom