good dive sites for photo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chip104:
The bus conductor said no matter what time it is, a bus will always frequently pass the intersection going to and from manila.

If I ever try it I'll let you know! (I might do it October 15-16)

avoid late nights. there is some concern just this week about some of the buses receiving some threats. bus management problems.....

paolov:
avoid late nights. there is some concern just this week about some of the buses receiving some threats. bus management problems.....

im curious, what kind of threats?

Spoon:
im curious, what kind of threats?
my buddy was telling me of hijacking threats. Disgruntled employees to blame. (My buddy travels down to anilao all the time to teach there. He was the one who told me how to commute there)

chip104:
my buddy was telling me of hijacking threats. Disgruntled employees to blame. (My buddy travels down to anilao all the time to teach there. He was the one who told me how to commute there)

wow thats a serious issue. i would imagine a couple of divers with huge dive bags would be easy pickings for hijackers as they would equate all that equipment to cash but then again its hard to sell dive gear underground unless they sell em for a song, but what do i know.

it may be better if it were disgruntled employees. but if it were the Nice People Around then it becomes serious for the passengers.

Spoon:
but then again its hard to sell dive gear underground unless they sell em for a song, but what do i know.

it's easy to sell especially if they have bangkeros sell it for them and split the profits.

and knowing pinoy divers, they'd snap at at a bargain for it, not even trying to discern how the price of such is so cheap.

CLA:
Hi!

What are your favorite dive sites in the Philippines for photography? I'm looking for clear water and weird little critters that aren't camera-shy.

And for those who've been around, does the marine life vary greatly between the different regions of the Philippines? Are there any "must see" species that are endemic to- or common only in certain regions or provinces (like the tarsier is to bohol)?

CLA

Gato Island for the Pigmy Seahorses. They aren't going anywhere. Although you will really need a good macro lense. I took photos but my camera can't get close enough or zoom enough. I have had good luck with the nudibranchs. Chocolate Island has the harlequin cuttlefish.

Jason

CLA, would this pix entice you to go up north to Anilao:11: :D

Taken last October 16, 2005 -

wall of fish
Wall_of_fish.jpg

shoal.jpg

shoal was just too far for a clear shot.

another_wall.jpg

smothered
smothered.jpg

i'll see if I can upload some more pix from my last dive.

i have a problem with the pics you posted, i could not see the diver. why are there so many damned fishes blocking the camera !!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom