Good Diving Nov/Dec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RoatanMan
If you are telling me that Roatan and the ABC's have similiar weather during those months then I would go to Roatan. I have read posts and emailed a couple of dive ops down there that said you can get a good amount of rain during that time. I thought since the ABC's are so dry that it would rain for ten minutes and then clear up.

I have since reconsidered Curacao b/c it looks like my options are limited to the ABC's b/c they are out of the hurricane belt. I know Roatan is also but I figured it rained more there than the ABC's.

Doesn't look like you're getting much help here. My personal list for places I want to go in November includes Baja (Sea of Cortez), Dominica, Fiji, Micronesia, PNG, Cocos Islands, and Galapagos. For December: Australia, Costa Rica, Fiji, Micronesia, and PNG. Baja may still be good then but don't really know.

As for Caribbean diving and hurricanes, depending on how far in advance you make your reservations and whether you purchase travel insurance, I wouldn't let the threat of a hurricane stop me from going anywhere. I've had some great diving experiences in the Caribbean in September/October (which is much riskier than Nov/Dec). Suffering through a hurricane, however, is anything but pleasant (Ivan on Grand Cayman). But the diving was good beforehand, and to me it's worth the risk. Check the weather reports in advance and get some insurance just in case. Cozumel was good that time of year as well but I prefer Coz in the Spring (more big stuff). I didn't care much for Florida diving in December (not much to see, bad currents, rough surface conditions, cold water). Have fun wherever you go!

I noticed your commrnts about diving in Turks November/December. Is the beginning of October any better?

I have been to Fiji, Galapagos and Baja (La Paz and Cabo San Lucas) in November, and all had good weather. There is no nightlife in Fiji (at least where the diving is good), Galapagos or La Paz, but Cabo is a different story. Hawaii in December can have rough sea conditions, maybe a better chance at calmer sea conditions is November, but the diving is great and there is nightlife. When I dove off the Cayman Agressor on a December trip a few years back, the conditions were quite stormy the whole time we were there, but the shopping was terrific. December in the Southern Hemisphere can be very dicy, since that is the start of cyclone season down there, and the problem with diving in December anywhere is the jacked up high season pricing that goes into effect for the holidays, plus the travel hassles caused bad bad weather in the States.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom