good dry suit undergarment alternatives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do not have a drysuit but for other activities in the cold I have found that the Under Armor "Cold Gear" line of long underwear is far better than any polypro I've used in the past. It's warmer, it fits better and has better freedom of movement. Has anyone used this as a first layer instead of normal polypro?

Yes, I do. But I may switch to something else. I often wonder if it makes me colder while diving as it seems to be cold when I put it on while getting dressed.

Does anyone know how the Carol Davis suits compare to the Tilos 200g Polartec suits that DiveSports sold or sell for fairly cheap?

tilos: Tilos Polartex Drysuit Underwear - Polartex Drysuit Underwear - Drysuit Underwear

I can't make that comparison, but I can say I use that Tilos suit with my 4mm compressed neoprene drysuit. I use it in water from 55-45F.

At 55F, the Tilos is really all I need for 2 dives. Sometimes I will add a top layer of whatever I have laying around.

At 45F, I still usually use only the Tilos but I am definitely cool in the suit. This winter I will experiment more with a second thin layer for a little more comfort.

I doubt this garment would be good for anything but a base layer in a shell suit. <shrug>

At $55 it seems like a great deal, I wasn't unhappy to pay $75 last year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom