Good Morning (from) Baltimore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome! Fellow Charm City diver here. While our local diving isn't for everyone, it's only a 2-hr direct flight to West Palm Beach! Let me know if you have any questions about diving the aquarium. I've DM'd that dive over 100 times. While it might not be for everyone, some people absolutely love it. And I guarantee you'll never get this close to a bonnethead shark anywhere else

1648701446853.png

Welcome! Fellow Charm City diver here. While our local diving isn't for everyone, it's only a 2-hr direct flight to West Palm Beach! Let me know if you have any questions about diving the aquarium. I've DM'd that dive over 100 times. While it might not be for everyone, some people absolutely love it. And I guarantee you'll never get this close to a bonnethead shark anywhere else

View attachment 715191
Oh awesome. I haven't been diving anywhere in Florida yet, but I'll add it to the list!

As for the aquarium, it's 6 people per group, right? That seems like it'd be a bit crowded. Do they go in shifts?

Also, which tanks do you dive? I'm pretty sure I heard blacktip reef, but unsure of the other one.

Happy to meet another charm city fellow!

Oh awesome. I haven't been diving anywhere in Florida yet, but I'll add it to the list!

As for the aquarium, it's 6 people per group, right? That seems like it'd be a bit crowded. Do they go in shifts?

Also, which tanks do you dive? I'm pretty sure I heard blacktip reef, but unsure of the other one.

Happy to meet another charm city fellow!

There's only one dive shop that offers it - Atlantic Edge. It's pricey, but like I said a lot of people come out of that dive with huge smiles on their faces. Here's the info:

Dive in the National Aquarium in Baltimore

The guest diver program just opened last week after being closed for the pandemic. Most of the money actually goes to the aquarium. I'm not trying to sell it but it can be really fun. Here's some more pics I took:

photos.app.goo.gl

Atlantic Edge National Aquarium 10/6/18

38 new items · Album by Brian Cole
photos.app.goo.gl

Normally, you're not allowed to have cameras, but they let me do a couple special photo sessions with repeat guests. Not sure if they'll offer that again in the future.

The aquarium only allows guest divers in the Atlantic Coral Reef exhibit. I wish we could dive Blacktip Reef, but only Atlantic Coral Reef for now. It is 6 divers at one time, and they do 2 shifts per Saturday.

Best,
Brian

Back
Top Bottom