Good Morning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Blair! I fee like I'm jumping around on the web trying to find you, so i apologize for any redundant posts. This is an honor to finally get the scoop on scuba directly from Blair Mott. I remember hearing about your travels abroad on tv and the radio while living in SB. To dive all of those waters and meet all the people....especially the recent Amazon story....amazing trip and even more amazing people! Thanks for the info on Force Fin. Does water temp have much of an effect on the fin?

WW

WW,
Thanks for the support! Water temperature will only come into play if the material the fin is made out of is of poor quality. All materials and assembly of Force Fins products are 100% American made with the highest quality of Polyurethane and Tan Delta material. They do not change characteristics in cold water, and they do not melt when left in the trunk of a car in Baja heat.

Good to know!!!! Is Force Fin located in SB? Do they have any reps here in the Chicagoland area? I'll be in SB next month if you're available for hire for a trip to the islands.

WW

Yes! We are located in Santa Barbara, California. Currently we have a void in representation in your area. It is a great opportunity for your local dive shop that you are taking your class with. Please have them give me a call or e-mail me anytime. As for diving next month keep in touch and if I am available I would love to get wet.

Hello!

Forgot it was Tuesday! Good morning!
Good to know about the material quality and being able to leave them in the trunk...can you explain what the "Tan Delta" material is?

Elana :)

Dennis at Nekton:
Erowe,

I recently returned from a trip to Wisconsin. It was the first time in almost a decade I've put on a dry suit. At my age, I have become a warm water snob!

Dennis

Dennis...

I wouldn't call that snobby...warm water diving offers more relaxation (less stress from cold, maybe less equipment - at least less neoprene...). I've enjoyed the cold water diving experience - Channel Islands offer a very unique perspective of California...and the sea lions are quite entertaining (even interactive in certain areas) - I am a sucker for that. It also offers a really good workout/weightloss regimen if you're diving every weekend (like I was working on a local boat). Very...invigorating, shall we say?

Elana

Thanks for logging in and for your support! The Tan Deltas are really a signature series that again sets Force Fins apart from other fins. No one in the fin business is using materials like this in the way we are. The durability and the snap/ rebound factor of the Tan Delta material is the highest of any fin on the market. This high rebound factor pushes water behind you at a greater rate than any other fin we have designed. This in turn allows you to manage your energy much better and avoid being worn out after long swims.

Take a look at this link for more.
http://www.forcefin.com/FF_PAGES/FF_Products/tandelta_product.htm

Thank you - looks like it's also the only one that might fit - that may be why I didn't buy them before when purchasing new fins... I wear an X-small or small.

Back
Top Bottom