goota buy a computer for liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you have a picture of those tables mounted to your wrist? That sounds like an interesting idea.

budgy once bubbled...
As a single cylinder sport diver I don't normally incur a deco penalty on a single dive.

But you will on the third, fourth, or fifth dive of the day, which is a common occurance on liveaboard trips, especially after the first day - hence the insistance that divers use computers.

agstreet once bubbled...

But you will on the third, fourth, or fifth dive of the day, which is a common occurance on liveaboard trips, especially after the first day - hence the insistance that divers use computers.

Absolutely. Live aboards can involve 4-5 dives per day since there is not much else to do but dive, eat and dive some more.

It is important however to understand the limits of the particular computer and how it deals with the longer half life compartments. On an extended dive trip it is a very good idea to get more conservative when doing multiple dives over multiple days and to consider maybe taking a day off mid week to just off gas.

This is good advice whether you are diving with computers or tables. Some of the more popular tables use a 6 hour out and Navy based tables use a 12 hour out, neither of which is probably ideal in terms of nitrogen loading in long half life tissues without adding some additional saftey margins.

With one of the hockey puck computers (and most other computers) you can manage your bottom times and saftey stops so that you finish at the top of the green rather than in the yellow after each dive and add an additonal saftey margin.

Do you have a picture of those tables mounted to your wrist? That sounds like an interesting idea.

No, I don't have photo, but here is a link the the leisure pro website page

http://s1059kxm.leisurepro.com/weba...6&cgrfnbr=973&parentCategory=965&sort=prsdesc

Their picture doesn't show the tables, but if you look closely at the bottom part of the wrist band, you can see the words"" ND Limits" printed on the band. The tables are printed just below that. It's not a complete set of tables, just the max time per the given depth.

I dive with an Aeris Atmos 2. It has the basic features, Nitrox Compatible. I like the ease of use, audible alerts, features, layout of the readings and the cost. I have it console mounted but they do have them in a wrist mount. When doing ascents it is very sensitive, but that just makes you even more carefull.

A good idea is to ask, what is your budget for your computers? I mean, I know the Suunto Mosquito retails for 399. the Vyper for 399, the Cobra $650?? an then the Vytec with transmitter for $1200, but these are retail prices and many shops can/will discount for multiple purchases etc. I have 3 of these and use them for various reasons, at any given time I am probably diving 2 computers, and still have an analog gauge set for obvious reasons, I am also a few steps beyond a recreational diver. But I like and prefer Suuntos.

Travis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom