Got a dilemma... what happens when you combine these?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wb416:
Yes... but if they shun you, were they really family to begin with?

They'd be a lot like MY family!:rofl3: They took all the fun out of disfunctional.

Cave Diver:
After carefully reviewing the DORK diver sticky (http://scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=193433), I dont see anything there that conflicts with the basic principles of DIR.

In fact, several of their tenets revolve around safety, team environment, and dive planning, which are funamental parts of DIR.

In my opinion diving with a DORK doesnt seem to compromise the DIR standing at all, so there is no need to rename the resulting DORK/DIR team.

Ding! Ding! Ding! That's the best post yet!!!

I believe, dear Cave Diver, that your post is most excellent! Now, I know nothing of DIR, GUE, or any tech stuff... but I like to think that I'm pretty good at DORK DIVING... and having buddies on both ends of the spectrum, I think all kinds work quite well. Just look over and/or discuss gear (configurations), air, etc etc before the dive, and then go have some fun!

Wow, Cave Diver! You deserve a standing ovation! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

merxlin:

Well sure you can!

erparamedic:
Ding! Ding! Ding! That's the best post yet!!!

I believe, dear Cave Diver, that your post is most excellent! Now, I know nothing of DIR, GUE, or any tech stuff... but I like to think that I'm pretty good at DORK DIVING... and having buddies on both ends of the spectrum, I think all kinds work quite well. Just look over and/or discuss gear (configurations), air, etc etc before the dive, and then go have some fun!

Wow, Cave Diver! You deserve a standing ovation! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

<blush> Well, thanks!

But just for the record DIR isn't just for tech. Even our WWW (warm water weenie) dives are DIR.

Nor does the fact that we do tech dives eclipse the fact of having fun. We wore Santa hats (who's your santa?) and Elf hats (Jingle this!) on our Christmas Cave trip last year! :wink:

And if you want to know a bit more about the DIR side, click the link on my signature.

Cave Diver is the true DIR. You go Cave Diver !!!! :dork2:

And since Cave Diver has given his word, wb416 is now a DORK :dork2:

You get a DINK -- "Doing It Not Quite"
:D

SparticleBrane:
You get a DINK -- "Doing It Not Quite"
:D
That was a funny thread. Not TLAYACYAD funny, but funny none the less.

Cave Diver:
<blush> Well, thanks!

But just for the record DIR isn't just for tech. Even our WWW (warm water weenie) dives are DIR.

Nor does the fact that we do tech dives eclipse the fact of having fun. We wore Santa hats (who's your santa?) and Elf hats (Jingle this!) on our Christmas Cave trip last year! :wink:

And if you want to know a bit more about the DIR side, click the link on my signature.

See... I told you I don't know anything about DIR!! :D I'm such a dork.... LOL

I'll click your link and check it out. :wink: Thanks Cave Diver! :wink:

erparamedic:
See... I told you I don't know anything about DIR!! :D I'm such a dork.... LOL

I'll click your link and check it out. :wink: Thanks Cave Diver! :wink:

Careful, the last person that clicked my link... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom