Got a dilemma... what happens when you combine these?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wb416:
If it ain't about fun, it ain't worth doin'!!

When it stops being fun, I'll find another hobby... or get a pink snorkel... I'm not sure which yet.... :D

My feeling exactly! In fact, that's why I quit camel racing! :wink:

Dave

wb416:
If it ain't about fun, it ain't worth doin'!!

When it stops being fun, I'll find another hobby... or get a pink snorkel... I'm not sure which yet.... :D

Hey! I have a pink snorkel! Would you like to borrow it? :D :rofl3: Actually, I had it with me on Tuesday... all you had to do was say you needed one!:lotsalove:

ClayJar:
[*]Payphone actuator: When you're just finishing up a miserable dive where your drysuit flooded with freezing water, and as you're pouring it out, you realize that you left your cell phone in your pocket, and your fellow diver's battery is dead, and you set your doubles down on the keys, snapping your ignition key cleanly in half, and all you have left is the change you've found under the bench, but the payphone keypad appears to be covered in glowing radioactive goo, you can use the snorkel to press the buttons to call for help.
:biggrin:

:rofl3: CJ... where on earth do you come up with this stuff?!?! :rofl3: :rofl3: That's hilarious! An expensive lesson... but hilarious! It's truly a pleasure that I had the chance to meet you at Gilboa! Dorks unite!:D

erparamedic:
:rofl3: CJ... where on earth do you come up with this stuff?!?! :rofl3: :rofl3:
I don't think even I know for sure. The last time they were trying to figure me out, we ended up with this big bubble thing over the whole house with these strange people in what looked like really thin over-inflated drysuits and some poor grossly deformed little person bellowing about Reese's Pieces or calling his parents or something. (I think somebody said that smiling bearded guy based a movie on it or something.)

Hmm... I wonder if that's why I thought of the payphone... :biggrin:

ClayJar:
I don't think even I know for sure. The last time they were trying to figure me out, we ended up with this big bubble thing over the whole house with these strange people in what looked like really thin over-inflated drysuits and some poor grossly deformed little person bellowing about Reese's Pieces or calling his parents or something. (I think somebody said that smiling bearded guy based a movie on it or something.)

Hmm... I wonder if that's why I thought of the payphone... :biggrin:

ET rocks! What a good movie! Now I'm gonna have to find a copy for my kids to watch....

Oops... I think I've hijacked this thread! Sorry, WB...

Yeah, cuz were always so "on topic" in the DD forum threads. I'm just surprised toe nail painting hadn't found it's way in yet.

merxlin:
Yeah, cuz were always so "on topic" in the DD forum threads. I'm just surprised toe nail painting hadn't found it's way in yet.

Oh... there you went and said it! :popcorn: And my toes need some fresh paint! Ohhhh.... I.... must.... show..... restraint.... and.....not.... post.... dive.....toes....here! :rofl3:

merxlin:
Yeah, cuz were always so "on topic" in the DD forum threads.
Actually...

"what happens when you combine these?"

You get us.

(Yep, we're on topic this time. For once in our lives, we really are. :biggrin:)

I always clip my toe nails. Sometimes it gets pulled upward causing pain when I'm putting on my boots since it doesn't have any zippers. Plus, since my feet is so white after the dive, I don't need to color them in back I could see the blood rushing in trying to warm up my toes and its bright as red so no need to put any toe colorings there. :)

RoyN, you know what you ought to do? Paint the red parts of the dive flag, but leave the white diagonal unfinished. When you finish the dive, you have dive flag toes, but as you warm up, the flags fade, letting you know you need to get back in.

(Alternately, just do the white diagonals. Then when you look down and see dive flags, you'll know it's time to dive. When you finish a dive and see no dive flags, you'll know you need to warm up more before starting again.)

The nice thing about these ideas is that they work either way you look at them. Oh, and DIR divers are intelligent, thinking divers, so what happens when you mix them with Dork-Diverdom? Perhaps you get intelligent divers who sometimes think about the strangest things, just for fun. :biggrin:

(Ha-HA! How's *that* for a last minute grabbing of the brass ring of on-topic-ness! :D)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom