Got my new SP XXL Jet Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd guess that the Turtles would be a better fit for you - it seems as if the fins have gone up two sizes, not just one. These new Jetfins would probably be a little big for you.

Okay guys, I could really use your help with this one. I wear a size 13 shoe, but a size 12 dive bootie. At my LDS they only have in stock the Twin Jet split fins. I tried the XL, and it was wide enough, but much too tight height wise. It really put way too much pressure on the top of my foot. I mentioned to the manager that I wondered if the new XXL Jets would be better. He claimed that the y would be worse. He said the twin jet XL had a much bigger pocket than a XL jet fin, and that the XXL Jet would fit just like the XL twin jet. However, I don't think he has actually even seen the XXL jet yet. So, in your opinion, do you think he is right. So far I have only found 2 fins that fit comfortably but I am not crazy about either. They are the Atomic split fins (expensive!), and the aqualung blade 2s (not crazy about the style) Any opinions on the fit of the XXL jets, or brand any other fin suggestions would be appreciated

I think he's full of it :)

That JetFin XXL is huge. I was able to wear the fin over my Lacrosse IceMan boots, which are a size 14.

I picked mine up at my LDS...he ordered a few pairs to have them in stock before I left for Florida which was around...right before Christmas I think. He showed them to me when he got them in, and I just finally went in and got them last weekend.

My LDS is Divepoint Scuba - www.divepointscuba.com

My LDS didn't even know that they were making XXL Jet fins until I went in and asked for them. I have a pair on order and hopefully they will be in by the end of this week. Its going to cost me $20 more than leisurepro, but I didn't want to wait any longer.

Hope they work out for you!

I have some XXL and will soon be returning them. They are huge!. I wear a size 13 shoe, which coincidentally enough is loose inside the footpocket. It is just way too big for wetsuit diving. The sizing guide is way off, unless they're made for hobbittses.

For anyone wondering, here are the dimensions on an XXL jetfin footpocket.

3.75" Tall at the Opening
5.125" Wide at the opening
9" Deep at the bottom of the pocket
7.75" Deep at the top
My shoe stickes 4" out of the back.

I will try an XL next
Does anyone have the dimensions on an XL.

LEISURE PRO NOW HAS THEM IS STOCK Ordered some, got them in a few days ago. If I am not mistaken they are the same price at 61.95. And yes they are freakin' huge, could double up and use them for a big storage bin. Maybe put your mask and bc in them

hey guys, I'm using size 12 Bare Trek boots. I am ready to buy the jets, but don't know if I can get away with XL, or if I need XXL.

I tried on the turtles and they were a bit loose, but not a huge deal. I currently use XL Volo's and it's a tight squeeze to get my foot in the pocket, but not really uncomfortable.

Back
Top Bottom